Protien for breakfast

Options

Replies

• jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    I am a big believer in protein from foods. hard boiled eggs are a great source. Poached eggs are good, too. If you go for a protein powder I'd suggest the Protein 7 Synthesis - Vanilla. It taste great and it has 34g of protein with no sugar. Good stuff.
  • geminijayde
    geminijayde Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    tottally agree, do this everyday!!
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    bacon (in moderation), eggs, greek yogurt, cheese

I wants all the bacon.

Eggs, turkey sausage, whey protein powder...
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Proatmeal:
    1 serving quick oats, prepared with as little water as possible

When done, stir in 2 scoops chocolate whey and enough milk to make stirring possible.

Add 2TBS almond butter, stir like mad.

My FAVORITE 1st meal of the day (eaten at 12:30pm today)
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options

The less processed, the better and the small amount of fat will help keep you fuller for longer.

^This. Keep in mind that protein powder is also a processed food. Lately, I've been making egg salad sandwiches on whole wheat buns. Lots of protein and fiber to fill you up with a little bit of fat to keep you full. when I remember on the weekends to boil beans, I will also add those in for extra non-animal protein and to up the fiber.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I make a scramble with 1 Omega Egg, 2 or 3 egg whites, and veggies (I like onions, peppers and greens).
  • Goatgodess
    Goatgodess Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have always been a protein junky, Steak,chicken any meat left over from the night before, just grab and eat. I like cottage cheese in the morning. If you like shakes I will put a cup of strawberry yogurt, cup of OJ, 1 banana, 1 cup of milk, raw egg, beneprotein in the blender. This makes 24 oz of smoothie. Even my husband likes it. You can add flax seed as well, up to 1/4 cup.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    2 scoops vanilla or unflavored whey protein powder (dissolved in the milk)
    1 cup Kashi Go Lean!

Holy 47 grams of protein! Of course, cow's milk would give you even more, I just prefer almond.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just take one scoop of whey protein in water to wash down my vitamins. It does not get much easier.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Too easy to derail....but simply put...3-4 eggs. - WIN
  • Syndri
    Syndri Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Almond butter on wholewheat toast or cheese and mushroom omelette
  • andrealeighx33
    andrealeighx33 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I generally do a scramble one whole egg with an additional egg white or two, 1/4 c cottage cheese, spinach, onion and RF feta. It has a ton of protein (25g) and it's super yummy!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters with fat free cheese in a low carb tortilla would equate to about 20 grams of protein. Add chicken or black beans for even more protein. You can mix flavored protein powder into greek yogurt. There are also recipes for protein powder bars, cookies, blondies, etc. that would taste awesome :smile:

Forget the egg beaters and eat real eggs! And why bother with fat free cheese? It's tasteless and not any healthier. Just eat less of the full fat versions.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My bariatric surgeon is a big proponent of staying away from processed foods (including protein shakes) if there are better options available (but protein shakes are awesome when you're in a hurry or you just can't stomach anything else). Try nuts - a palmful of almonds, pistachios, etc. or seeds like sunflower, pumpkin, etc. Greek yogurt is a good way to go, or if you can handle it, cube up a chicken breast and eat it plain or wrap it in a piece of lettuce "to go".
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I eat overnight oats with double chocolate protein powder, strawberries, raspberries, chia seeds & Greek yogurt (see diary - it's open) 483 cal - 62g protein. Keeps me full for about 5 hours ;)
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I use protein shakes for my protein in the morning.

With some carbs and fruits in my food the total mix is perfect.

I find that Chocolate shakes's not my type early in the morning...So I'm going with 4EverFit Fruit Blast Cranrazz whey. It taste awesome, just need to add water and it taste like a smoothie juice..Not thick at all.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I enjoy unjury protein shakes but EAS is also really good. :)
  • mommyof4adorablekids
    Options
    I Like the cheap 15 dollar protein shake from walmart. The chocolate peanut butter one is really good with fat free milk.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Smoked fish - salmon is easy to find, though high in fats - smoked trout is great, but hard to find. And smoked mackerel, though again, will push your fats up. But they're the healthy fats that your body needs.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Because I get so busy in the morning I've resulted to making protein shakes. I use 1.5-2 scoops of whey protein and soy milk. My shakes average 45-50g of protein, then I have a couple of pieces of turkey sausage, so I get a really high protein intake and it keeps me from being hungry!