Cross fit meal plan

Options
I know a lot of people are doing cross fit for exercise, but has anyone tried the crossfit diet? It looks a lot like what I was doing anyway with the % of carbs, protein, and fat. I gave up keeping up with my diary since I was not losing any weight. I just wondered if it has worked for anyone else.

Replies

• divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    DO you mean Zone? That's what is usually recommended. That or paleo. Depends on the box you go to. Some don't even talk about it. My box has Whole 30 challenges and has an infrequent grass-fed meat order put in, but doesn't really discuss nutrition unless people are asking. many of us are paleo/primal. Some people eat SAD. Mostly they recommend eating as clean as you can and do whatever works for you.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not for me. sugar helps keep me happy. trust me, the last thing the world needs is a angry pi$$ed off mesha, i dont care how much weight i would lose :laugh:

i have however reduced my overall carbs. that's mainly because i have gluten issues and havent really replaced that stuff with anything yet. i do like the protein, fat and fresh veggies and fruit approach though.

my box hasnt been pushing paleo/primal as much as i thought they would. actually they arent at all. we got a talk on it during on ramp and people could ask individual questions if they wanted. i've heard of boxes where they ask you to give them a journal of your meals so they can critique or whatever. i'm glad mine didnt do that because i wouldnt have done it anyway :laugh:
  • quiltergirlar
    quiltergirlar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Crossfit doesn't have a "crossfit diet". They say:

What Should I Eat?
    In plain language, base your diet on garden vegetables, especially greens, lean meats, nuts and seeds, little starch, and no sugar. That's about as simple as we can get. Many have observed that keeping your grocery cart to the perimeter of the grocery store while avoiding the aisles is a great way to protect your health. Food is perishable. The stuff with long shelf life is all suspect. If you follow these simple guidelines you will benefit from nearly all that can be achieved through nutrition.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/start-diet.html