Weight Loss Supplements?

Options
Has anyone used weight loss supplements to help with your fitness journey?

If so, I'd like to know what kind and how that worked for you?

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Thanks for reading!

Will power is a pretty good one
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options

Thanks for reading!

It's free, no side effects.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

Thanks for reading!

I have tried this one, it is working
  • LeighAnnza
    LeighAnnza Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some self-righteous and snarky replies. Sheesh. : P
    Obviously, I'm doing fine so far, having lost 17 lbs just using my willpower.
    I was only curious to see if others every use meal replacements shakes, protein or fiber powders, vitamins, or things like that.
    I was looking for knowledge, not attitude.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some self-righteous and snarky replies. Sheesh. : P
    Obviously, I'm doing fine so far, having lost 17 lbs just using my willpower.
    I was only curious to see if others every use meal replacements shakes, protein or fiber powders, vitamins, or things like that.
    I was looking for knowledge, not attitude.

Im using ViSalus....Havent been using it long enough to give you my thoughts on it though.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Things I use:

- large water bottle (refill, refill, refill)
    - food scale
    - measuring cups
    - planning and more planning

No attitude. Just advice.
  • ltoro
    ltoro Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would have liked to know also but I guess not??
    I was thinking for going to the health food store to see what vit. natural products they suggest i will let you know.
    :smile:
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i use Shakeology by Beachbody, it works great. message me if you want to know more.
  • polly11olson
    Options
    Water water and more water works

634871175074939592.gif
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I started by using will power... got me far. But hey everybody needs that extra uummphh! I just started talking SuperHD.
    Its a fat loss supplement. TOP SELLER. No jitters and helps allot with controlling your hunger. Makes you feel good and concentrate on your workout lasting longer. ;) good stuff for a toned and lean body
  • LeighAnnza
    Options
    Things I use:

- food scale
    - measuring cups

Cool. I do the same thing! And it's been pretty easy for me so far.
    I was considering adding in a B-vitamin complex and Calcium (mainly because I'm lactose intolerant and I know I don't get enough calcium)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Things I use:

- food scale
    - measuring cups

^^^^Straight forward, healthy advise! Hydrate, eat enough protein, eat a variety of foods, make sure you're getting enough fruits and veggies and get some exercise. That's the most sensible, affordable and straight forward approach...tried and true!! There are many healthy foods out there but no 'miracle foods or supplements'. ****Beware of people trying to sell you expensive protein shake programs!!!!! Eat foods you enjoy, do exercises that you enjoy, stay within calorie goal and be patient because good things WILL come your way:flowerforyou:
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I used to drink slimfast over ice with a small amount of black coffee for breakfast. It was better for maintaining than losing for me though, and I have had better luck eating wholesome, but smaller portioned meals.

I will admit to having used the SlimQuick packets to mix into water, but honestly the only reason I kept using them after a 2 weeks is I still had some packets left over and they were better than just plain water. I can't say they had any other effect than making water turn a pretty magenta color (mixed berry is still pretty tasty though!)

I would suggest looking at metabolism boosting foods or looking at the daily multivitamins that have something specific like "Healthy Weight", "Weight loss" or "Energy" I took the energy One a Days and after a couple of weeks felt a difference. I just have a hard time keeping up with pills and powder though.
  • mommyof4adorablekids
    Options
    Im doing the CTS360 from complete nutrition. Ive been doing off and on due to my living situation. Im currently back on it and have lost 5 l bs the first week. It makes me not hungry either. Its pretty pricey though about $220 for a 2 month supply.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I started by using will power... got me far. But hey everybody needs that extra uummphh! I just started talking SuperHD.
    Its a fat loss supplement. TOP SELLER. No jitters and helps allot with controlling your hunger. Makes you feel good and concentrate on your workout lasting longer. ;) good stuff for a toned and lean body

I tried this...triggers migraines...but it did have great reviews and no crazy unsafe ingredients...
  • Aplmark
    Aplmark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person but I recognize that I need something to get my metabolism going so I've supplemented with Slim-fast shakes. They seem to hold me over until I'm ready for a real meal around mid-day.
  • LeighAnnza
    Options
    Yeah, anything for $220 per 2 month supply is way out of my range! :)

I guess, i've been thinking about those "hungry days" I have. Everyone has those right?
    Like some days you're not very hungry and have to force yourself to finish all your calories, and other days you feel like you could never get full, no matter how much water you drink?
    Well It made me wonder if a (liquid?) fiber supplement would help make me feel full on those days (only). Especially since I don't like celery, haha! Just throwing that out there...
  • pmiller624
    pmiller624 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Since the first few comments were useless, I will post what I am trying. Unfortunately can speak on their effectiveness.

None of these are 100% proven but might be worth a try.

Cinnamon:
    pros - Decreases Blood Sugar, Increases Insulin sensitivity
    cons - None unless you get Cassia and not Ceylon. Cassia is toxic to the kidneys and can be a blood thinner

Green Tea Extract:
    pros - Signals the death and absorption of fat cells
    cons - Same as drinking green tea

Garlic:
    pros - Ability to break down fat, increasing metabolism
    cons - Smell

You will need more than what an average diet will consist of. I suggest looking into pill if you choose that route.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Since the first few comments were useless, I will post what I am trying. Unfortunately can speak on their effectiveness.

None of these are 100% proven but might be worth a try.

Cinnamon:
    pros - Decreases Blood Sugar, Increases Insulin sensitivity
    cons - None unless you get Cassia and not Ceylon. Cassia is toxic to the kidneys and can be a blood thinner

Green Tea Extract:
    pros - Signals the death and absorption of fat cells
    cons - Same as drinking green tea

Garlic:
    pros - Ability to break down fat, increasing metabolism
    cons - Smell

You will need more than what an average diet will consist or. I suggest looking into pill if you choose that route.

You must be RIPPED!
  • cechapman10
    cechapman10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like Special K shakes for breakfast.