special occaision...vanity reasons

Options
felice03
felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
Ok, I know the responses I will get to this...but hopefully in all of the fun will be one or two good ideas.

I am attending a formal event in two weeks...my dress is strapless. I am not as proud of my arms as I would like to be. Is there any "quick fixes" or tips out there? This is purely my vanity coming out...I am not a "quick fix" person as I have lost my weight the right way. I just want to look as amazing as possible that night.

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say you could cover it up with something like a swan.

Bjorks-Infamous-Swan-Dress-Love-Hate.jpg

I don't know fashion all that well, but I know what I like when I see it.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Hop in the wayback machine
  • Skittlez_
    Options
    12 oz curls
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

I looked for this dress...couldn't find it!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

:laugh: That would definitely keep everyone's eyes off of your arms. :wink:
  • Skittlez_
    Options
    I wouldn't lift any weight of the sort since you are female. You risk getting bluky and having man arms. Id just do some yoga or something.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Spot reduce....DUH!!!
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wait...what are you telling me? women have arms? Trust me guys are not going to notice your arms
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't lift any weight of the sort since you are female. You risk getting bluky and having man arms. Id just do some yoga or something.

lolz...
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Just wear some sort of cute half-vest/sweater over the dress if it really makes you uncomfortable. Otherwise, there's really nothing else you can do to acheive results THAT quickly.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    get a shrug or jacket. many bridal sites have them to match formal wear. There are some adorable styles on dreamprom.com where I found my wedding gown. You could get one in 2 weeks
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    push-up bra...no one will ever see the arms...
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options

oh, boy...:noway: :noway: :noway:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Wait...what are you telling me? women have arms? Trust me guys are not going to notice your arms

hee hee!
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Is this a joke?
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know the responses I will get to this...but hopefully in all of the fun will be one or two good ideas.

I am attending a formal event in two weeks...my dress is strapless. I am not as proud of my arms as I would like to be. Is there any "quick fixes" or tips out there? This is purely my vanity coming out...I am not a "quick fix" person as I have lost my weight the right way. I just want to look as amazing as possible that night.

Wear a "dazzling" smile & no one will notice your arms. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I would DEFINITELY do some weights for the arms. It will NOT bulk you up in two weeks, lol. It may give you some definition and tone you up which will definitely be sexy. :) Or just get a cover up like others suggested.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    A lovely shawl or pashmina will cover parts of your arms, and look fashionable at the same time.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat but my event is tomorrow. I'm on the hunt for some long black gloves that will hopefully draw attention away from the upper parts of my arms!
  • Mickeyriv
    Mickeyriv Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Is this a joke?

sigh. really? I hope it is!