Mommy looking for other mommys!

Options
22 year old mommy of 2 girls, aiming to lose another 36 lbs! Have used fitness pal on & off for the past couple months but looking to take my healthy eating more seriously. Any friends looking for motivation or have any advice/tips/expertise when it comes to eating healthy and exercising feel free to add me! :smile:

Replies

• andriadean7171
    Options
    i'm also a mommy of two! i have a whopping 50 lbs to lose, so i'm in this for the long-haul! i used to be really in shape, so i kind of know how to get this done. the only thing for me is following through with it! i'm in definite need of more accountibility partners!
  • jamiebean_
    Options
    I started at 235 lbs, after having my 2nd daughter. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in myself! I find it really hard to stay on track when everyone else around me can eat whatever they want and not gain a lb! I think this way, having friends on here I can stay a bit more motivated. When you see others doing well you want to do well too! And when you're not doing so good it's nice to be able to talk to others about rough patches they may have had!

You can lose your 50 lbs! I just always say to myself and my friends/family that I can't wait to be 135 lbs, I know I am going to get there so it's exciting to think that everyday you have a good eating/exercising day you're that much closer!
  • KeltaRose
    Options
    I'm a mother of a six year old girl and the #1 tip I have is to get the family involved. Walking the dog with my husband and daughter has really helped me lose 30 lbs so far. I have about 115 lbs left. Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me. :)
  • kookeepup
    Options
    Hi Jamie and welcome back to MFP. I also am a mom of two teens. While they were growing up, I had neglected my own health and didn't care much what I ate. But now that they are both grown I can keep the focus on myself. I've only been logging for about 45 days and have already lost some unwanted weight in a safe and healthy manner. Definitely having accountability even to people you've only become friends here helps a great deal. Good luck to all of us on our journeys and feel free to add me if you wish and help motivate and be motivated by you. :flowerforyou: Hi Ashley :happy:
  • rachieray81
    Options
    hello!!:) I'm also a momma to three- 2 boys (7 and 8) and 1 girl (2). I just recently hit my 105 lbs lost and I'm wanting to continue for another 15 lbs:) I just knew I needed to make the change and I'm SO GLAD I did! Life's a lot better healthy!! I am more active in my own daily exercise routines, but also keep the kids involved. I'm proud to show them this change and how to be healthy. I'm running my first 5k in two weeks!!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 23 month old and expecting #2! Still trying to keep some fitness through this pregnancy. We will see how THAT goes!
  • nikkig25168
    Options
    I am a 21 year old, i am a mother of one amazing 4 year old boy. I have the same end goal as you i want to be 135.. and i currently am 236, Add me if you like :)
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I'm also a mommy to two beautiful little angels (profile pic) :) feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • BarbaraGayle
    Options
    Hi. I am a step-mom of three girls (21,20 and 17) and a biological mom to one little boy (11 months). I am a grandmother to a sweet little girl who is 7 months. I have several nieces and nephews. I made the decision to lose weight and try to live a healthier lifestyle after havign my little boy. I was always told I could not have children so to my surprise when i did I wanted to make some changes. Please dont misunderstand me. I love my daughters. My son is just much more active and requires much more physically. I do not want to be the mom who sits on the couch and entertains their son with the television. I want to be an active mom. I am a work in progress. I haven't been doing this very long and its so easy to get discouraged. I hope to make some new friends and help encourage others here as well. You are welcome to friend me if you are looking for the same things.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi mummies! I am mum to 2 very active kids - a 3 year old boy and a 17 month old girl. I've lost around 45lbs since my daughter was 2 months old, and would like to lose another 15-20lbs to get me back to a UK size 10/12 (US 6/8). I can wear some US 8s now, just about!

Feel free to add me!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Hi! mom of 2 teens and soon to be married to a most wonderful man!!!! I want to lose 15 more pounds. I've lost 15 since March and am working on the next 15! add me! :)
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom of 2 girls, 3 & 1 1/2. I've really struggled losing the last 15lbs after my 2nd daughter. I'm trying to refocus and get back on track. We can do this. Please add me.
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 2 here. I lost 65 pounds after my 1st baby (he's 6 now), kept that off then regained about 40 lbs with my daughter (9 months old now). I'm currently 6.5 pounds away from pre-preg and shooting for at least 10 after that. I'm currently breastfeeding. Any mommy's want to add me, feel free!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 1 here!! Feel free to add me for motivation and support :) Always looking for more friends!! My son is 17 months now. I originally lost all of my pregnancy weight but gained about 20 pounds back over 6 months due to stress (keep in mind when I found out I was pregnant I already had about 25 pounds I wanted to lose). Goal is to lose 50 pounds total! (Down to 150 - I am 5'5") and so far I have lost 14. We will get there =D
  • andriadean7171
    Options
    thank you! and thank God for the internet that we can find someone else who's going through the same thing we are. i understand everything you are going through! but one day we will be able to encourage others with our stories!
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have a 2yr old daughter and a brand new baby boy born October 11 :). For now I'm just counting calories and BF-waiting the full 6 weeks before any exercise (c-section), but would love more support to get rid of the extra pounds. Adding you!
  • MelotD
    MelotD Posts: 3
    Options
    I had my first baby 14 weeks ago and I have 50-60 to lose...I would love to have the support of other moms! Feel free to add me everyone. :)