I know I'm not starving, but.......

Options
I am so hungry today! I've eaten almost 1000 calories (89g of protein) so far and I'm still hungry! I've been drinking water like crazy today too. Dinner isn't for 3 or 4 more hours. Suggestions anyone, please?

Replies

• sandyb
    sandyb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hot tea?
  • StyxxandStones
    Options
    Eat.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have a sensible snack?
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Eat.
    Yep. Have a snack.
  • mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I heat up a can of french cut green beans. If I am really hungry, I will eat it.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    How's your food intake been last few days? Exercise? If you are really hungry and not just bored and or "eating emotionally" you might need to eat something...I talked myself into an apple last night 'cause I am learning to tell the difference...since I *did* eat the apple, I knew I was hungry and not just "eating emotionally" or "bored."
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    how many calories left? do you have room for a little snack? I try to have multiple small meals throughout the day, and I'm hungry for each one.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    If your hungry, eat. Munch on some fruit or veggies. Also, try amping up your Fiber. It's fiber that fills you up and keeps you full. :)
  • learningtolovemyself1972
    Options
    I had that issue all weekend! It was horrible and unfortunately I did go over my alloted calories for the day. Some suggestions- low calorie fresh veggies ie cucumber and celery. Crunchy, so it keeps you busy chewing. I find that helpful on the days I struggle. Another, which is also crunchy, are the whole grain goldfish- a serving is 55 of those bad boys. Looks like so many in a small bowl!
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello or a stick of gum!
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Eat.

Yep. I eat when I am hungry. Sometimes it makes me go over on my calories and sometimes it doesn't but I'd rather eat and feel better than to be really hungry.
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eat something healthy and if you go over in calories, exercise it off.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Ugh, hate days like that! I try to avoid eating between meals no matter what. It does help a lot to do something that will keep your mind and hands busy. A few days ago I thought I'd starve before dinner but took the dog for a walk instead, and the time before dinner went really fast.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I find food often cures hunger
  • SAbreu83
    Options
    Have a low fat yogurt with a tbsp of oat bran... works for me! :)
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured out the quote / reply part of MFP yet, so please bear with me.

I have about 630 calories left for today. I'm stuck at work, so I have only a few options (whole wheat bread, peanut butter, cheese). I didn't really want the fat associated with either of those choices, but I may just have to give it up and eat. I just ate an apple half an hour ago, but my stomach is still growling. I don't get it. Today isn't any different than any other day. And.....I haven't worked out yet. I guess that will buy me some extra calories. Thanks everyone! :smile:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Swallow.
  • Alford96
    Options
    I would eat something sensible (piece of fruit or crunchy vegetable) or something hot like tea, broth, or soup. I actually just finished a hot cup o' cream of chicken soup for 60 calories because I was feeling hungry. The heat makes you feel fuller.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If your hungry, eat raw veggies!! If they don't sound appetizing enough, your probably more bored or obsessing about the act of eating rather than HUNGRY
  • fitmama419
    Options
    I haven't figured out the quote / reply part of MFP yet, so please bear with me.

I have about 630 calories left for today. I'm stuck at work, so I have only a few options (whole wheat bread, peanut butter, cheese). I didn't really want the fat associated with either of those choices, but I may just have to give it up and eat. I just ate an apple half an hour ago, but my stomach is still growling. I don't get it. Today isn't any different than any other day. And.....I haven't worked out yet. I guess that will buy me some extra calories. Thanks everyone! :smile:

The peanut butter and cheese both have protein and yes, some fat. But, the protein (along with the fat) in either of those choices will work to keep you full. The whole wheat bread with a bit of peanut butter would be my choice. Fiber from the bread and some protein and fat from the peanut butter.