Asstastic Workout!

Options
HI guys i was asked to put together a workout to scult a better butt and would like your opinion it....

Best butt workout!
1. Squat with Kick-Back
Do it:
• Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
• Sit back to a squat, bringing your fists close to your chin.
• Then bring your left leg straight behind you while extending your arms forward.
• Return to the squat position, then repeat on the other side.
• Continue alternating sides for one minute.
• As you squat, remember to keep your weight back on your heels.
• When extending the leg behind you, keep your hips square -- don't twist them toward the side.

2. Hip-Lift Progression
This is an awesome way to relieve tension in your lower back and work your butt at the same time.
Do it:
• Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
• Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
• Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
• To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
• Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
• Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds; switch sides and do the move for another 30 seconds on the other leg.

3. Toe Taps
The, um, lower part of my butt takes a beating from this move.
Do it:
• Lie on the floor with your arms on your sides.
• Lift your feet, bending both knees to 90 degrees so your thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
• Now slowly and quietly tap your left toes to the floor, then your right.
• Alternate tapping feet for one minute.
• If you feel any lower back pain, don't bring your toes all the way down.
4. Single-Leg Squat with Towel
This targets the area between the very back of your bum and the lower part of your hips.
Do it:
• Stand with your feet together and place your right foot on top of a folded towel.
• Shifting your weight to your left leg, slide the towel out slowly to your right.
• Then slowly return to the start position.
• Work this side for 30 seconds, keeping your elbows bent and your fists together near your chin.
• When you squat, your left knee should bend between 45 and 90 degrees.
• After 30 seconds, switch legs and do the squats and slides for another 30 seconds.
5.Plie
Do it:
• Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing out.
• Bring your arms out straight in front of you and lower into a squat.
• Come back up and repeat. Go as low into the squat as you can without letting your knees move past your toes.
• Be sure to tuck your tailbone under and contract your glutes. Keep your torso tall, and don't let your knees creep past your toes.
• Do for 20 reps last rep hold for 10 secs on the bottom.

6. Bridge ups
• Sit on the floor with your shoulder resting against the sofa and your knees bent and your feet about shoulder width apart.
• Bridge up onto the sofa so that your back is braced and raise your butt up till your horizontal (feet still on the floor)
• Hold at the top for 2 secs.
• Lower down till your butt touches the floor and start again.
• do for 20 reps.

Start by completing all 6 exercises if you find it too easy increase the number of sets (times you do it)

looking forward to hearing what you think..
thanks
Scott

Replies

• Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    They sound awesome and very effective, thanks for sharing. I dare say that #3 also works your lower abs quite well.

Will try these out tomorrow or Friday. If I can't walk anymore this weekend, I'll curse you :D
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Printed out ready for later :)
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bump to print later
  • scottsilver81
    Options
    Awesome thanks will look forward to hearing how you get on!
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Bump

Great workout! Thank you for sharing x
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • scottsilver81
    Options
    cool feel free to tell me how it goes.. i'm interested in feed back.. do i need to increase the number of exercises? or are you feeling the burn at this point? i've tried to make it a short butt (sorry about the pun) effective workout! :D
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Looks ok I guess although a regular full body lifting routine that includes regular squats and deadlifts with the glute bridge\hip lift (whatever exactly they are called) added would do pretty well.
  • scottsilver81
    Options
    Yeah squats and deadlifts are awesome but i was kinda thinking a program that ould be done regularly and without a gym.. think a program anyone can do... for free
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I tried #1 during my lunch jog (well, when I paused, obviously). I didn't really feel anything, i.e. it wasn't a challenge. Now, it could be that my butt muscles are already relatively strong - I do a lot to strengthen them -; or I was doing it wrong. Or not enough repeats. I'll try it again today at lunch, this time with more repeats and along with #4 and #5 (minus the towel).
  • berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Could you make a tutorial video?
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • scottsilver81
    Options
    sure berry83sweet here are links to the exercises on video;)

first let me appoligise for the standard of the videos these are the best i could find that are approaching the technique

1) squat with kick back ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RYha5B17tU

2) hip lift progression... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7s5u7kbwCU

3)Toe Taps ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlnfZBQwPaA

4) Single-Leg Squat with Towel ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFhpjJbWnAs

5) Plie...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCVANw41B8c

6) bridge ups ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoMYVSPjsME ... if this is too hard you can do a bridge up with shoulders resting on the couch or bench to start with or even on the floor....

does that make the exercises clearer? and thank you all for your in put!!!
  • S_Delbridge
    Options
    bump to print later
  • scottsilver81
    Options
    has anyone tried it yet lol ?
    What, level would you put t?
    beginner intermediate or advanced?
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    couple questions for clarification before I start:
    1. Squat with Kick-Back
    Do it:
    • Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
    • Sit back to a squat, bringing your fists close to your chin.
    • Then bring your left leg straight behind you while extending your arms forward.
    • Return to the squat position, then repeat on the other side.
    • Continue alternating sides for one minute.
    • As you squat, remember to keep your weight back on your heels.
    • When extending the leg behind you, keep your hips square -- don't twist them toward the side.
    do I bring my leg back while in the squatting position or wait until I'm standing all the way back up again?
    4. Single-Leg Squat with Towel
    This targets the area between the very back of your bum and the lower part of your hips.
    Do it:
    • Stand with your feet together and place your right foot on top of a folded towel.
    • Shifting your weight to your left leg, slide the towel out slowly to your right.
    • Then slowly return to the start position.
    • Work this side for 30 seconds, keeping your elbows bent and your fists together near your chin.
    • When you squat, your left knee should bend between 45 and 90 degrees.
    • After 30 seconds, switch legs and do the squats and slides for another 30 seconds.

do I move my towel leg out before squating, while I'm sitting back into the squat position or after I'm all the way down?

I'll give it a shot today and if I have trouble walking up and down stairs tomorrow you'll hear about it!
  • scottsilver81
    Options
    yes you're right squat down first then do the kickback while still squatting

where is the single leg squat with how old do you need to swap down and slide your move out at the same time

does this all make sense?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    sounds intense...can't wait to try it!!!
  • scottsilver81
    Options
    awesome thanks
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    yes you're right squat down first then do the kickback while still squatting

where is the single leg squat with how old do you need to swap down and slide your move out at the same time

does this all make sense?

I think your autocorrect had a little fun with your response... but I think I'm getting "slide non-weight bearing leg out at same time as squating with weight bearing leg" out of that nonsense ;) right?

thanks for the workout, I'll be back in a few with my thoughts after completing :)