Thinspiration?

Options
Now I know some people say that thinspiration is unhealthy because it only sets yourself up for disappointment when you don't mirror their image. However, I find it to be a good motivation strategy. Some of my major thinspiration icons include:
Miley Cyrus: http://img2-2.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/stylewatch/blog/120723/miley-cyrus-2-300.jpg
Nina Dobrev: http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6700000/Nina-nina-dobrev-6721724-1024-768.jpg
Mila Kunis: http://www.joblo.com/moviehotties/images/news-gallery/orig/mila-kunis-gq-out-01.jpg (especially because she's short)
and
Jessica Simpson: http://www.howmuchdotheyweigh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/jessica-simpson.jpg (Because she keeps gaining weight and loosing it right after. Major props to her)

So I'm curious... Who are some of your thinspiration idols?

*As a side note, I know that I'll never look like them.. Looking at their pictures just sometimes stops me from grabbing that other piece of pizza.*

Replies

• fithannafit
    Options
    Girls who work for their bodies like the VS models, Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale, Jennifer Aniston, Carrie Underwood, Shakira... lots really. And I second Miley Cyrus for sure.
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    Oh I totally forgot about Shakira!! I think the music video for "Hips Don't Lie" can just be enough! Where can I get stomach muscles like that?!
    Good choices though! (:
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Aniston, Kate Beckinsale, Rachel McAdams, Isla Fisher and Amy Adams....
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Aniston, Kate Beckinsale, Rachel McAdams, Isla Fisher and Amy Adams....
  • ricebarbiee
    Options
    I have a thinspo blog on tumblr =] I don't think it's unhealthy, it just inspires me to stay on track -- knowing that other people work as hard as they do to look the way they do -- like you said, stops me from grabbing that slice of pizza.

Miley Cyrus is a big thinspiration for me. So is Britney Spears, even with her many ups and downs (weight wise), some of my friends are my biggest thinpos --even though they don't know it!
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    Miley Cyrus is a big thinspiration for me. So is Britney Spears, even with her many ups and downs (weight wise), some of my friends are my biggest thinpos --even though they don't know it!

I completely agree about Britney! And haha! A lot of my friends are mine as well!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I like the word "fitspo" rather than "thinspo" ... no particular idols other than some girls I follow on tumblr.
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love Dita Von Teese. Curvy and really well kept and very fit (she's got ballet dancer legs!) and I love that she doesn't use stylists or makeup artists or hairdressers. So cool.

In terms of really lovely figures as well: I adore Christina Hendricks, Monica Bellucci, Kat Dennings. And damn Emma Watson is the cutest most stylish little thing.
  • SailorJerrysRum
    Options
    I second Shakira because she's 5'2 like me.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    The term "thinspiration" can conjure up all kinds of pro-ana mental images for some. I also prefer "fitsperation" as my goal isn't to be thin, per se, but FIT. The women that lost a lot of weight from their midsections and now have great definition keep me motivated! I'm always on the Success forum, even if I don't comment :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    My "fistperations" are older (I am 53) so Helen Mirran and Christi Brinkly are my inspirations.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Jessica Biel.
  • callherbeautyxo
    callherbeautyxo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Jordin Sparks worked hard to get to the size she is now and i think she looks amazing! she's my inspiration !=)
  • aussiemegs82
    Options
    Cameron Diaz, sporty and fit.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Katy Perry because she is 5"8 like me as well and still has curves.

AnnaLynne McCord, Nina Dobrev, Alexander Chando, Jennifer Aniston and Lindsay Lohan.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Cameron Diaz, Kendra Wilkinson, and Angelina Jolie, because I unfortunately have slender hips, and a small backside, and so I think my shape most closely resembles theirs.
  • imnotmeyet
    Options
    Britney Spears and well this is kinda embarrassing but Chris Crocker
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I third the "fitspo" or "fitsperation" terms; I was all ready to report this thread as trigger/"pro-ana" central until I read the original post. You can't shake the term's affiliation overnight, so we might as well hone in on the more "fit" phrases!

That being said, I am inspired by Jennifer Lawrence's body, but I'm not revealing what this inspires me to do...