Looking for some much need encouragement.

Options
I am in my 40's and have 150lbs to lose. Was told by the Dr. to consider surgery but I would rather not. So I found this website and I am going to post daily. Would like some friends to take on this journey with me. I know its not going to be easy but I feel I can do this!
Thanks Bel

Replies

• CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Always happy to add 40-somethings! :happy:
  • reishon
    Options
    you are right,this is difficult . I have a 100lbs to lose.What a bummer
  • franke1260
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • TashasDream
    Options
    Hi there Bel! i am in my 30's but I too have about another 80 pounds to lose! I walk daily and eat about 1000 calories. I started off walking about a mile a night on the treadmill- now I walk about 5-6 miles a night outside because the weather is beautiful!
    I use multiple apps to encourage me and look at old photos to also inspire me.

I am here to talk if you would like :) My name is Tasha
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 49. I know what you mean about losing wt. My doctor told me 1 1/2 yrs. ago that I had to lose wt. or I would die and he was serious. I've lost my wt. in the period of a yr. We can do this. Feel free to add me. Look at my pics on my profile page. I've lost about 20 lbs. since then.
  • kipperripper
    Options
    I am in my 40's and have 150lbs to lose. Was told by the Dr. to consider surgery but I would rather not. So I found this website and I am going to post daily. Would like some friends to take on this journey with me. I know its not going to be easy but I feel I can do this!
    Thanks Bel

Hey there, I was also told by my doctor to consider surgery too and that was a path I definitely did not want to go down - any weight loss goal whatever it may be always seems daunting at the beginning, but MPF for me is a huge help just the food diary alone! I never kept with that before. And the support I get from here is so much more then I get at home. Congrats for taking the first step! Friend me if you want I accept all requests :)
  • Lincolnlady217
    Lincolnlady217 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Add me,everyone needs encouragement now and then! This site is great, lots of info, supportive people, and the food log is invaluable!
  • deenasyddall
    Options
    Well heck... lets do it together then:) I just started yesterday. What do you say?

Deena 35 years old...be 36 in a couple weeks.