The more I eat the hungrier I get!!

Options
For me the biggest help in maintaining my weight has been eating small meals throughout the day (around 6-7).

It's great because it keeps my metabolim running all day long BUT it's also making me hungry ALL DAY LONG!!

Should I be eating when those cravings come or should I just ignore them.. I would have just eaten something and the nagging hunger comes right back!

I try to drink water during and after my meals but that doesn't seem to help!

Replies

• missmomma77
    Options
    I am the same way. I am constantly eating and still starving. My macros are 45 carb, 25 protein and 30 fat. I eat clean, so no junk food. Lots of fiber. 3 or more liters of water a day. I can't figure it out.
  • ChristinaAndrews
    ChristinaAndrews Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's crazy! All I think about is food and when I next get to eat!!
  • DeeNelly
    DeeNelly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    uugh!! that is exactly how I feel. Its like the eating triggers a need for more eating. I'd say though if you are making healthy food choices to go ahead and eat something small rather than starve. Maybe do weights in AM every other day so you can have that continuous calorie burn the entire day to offset the food.
  • silviuP
    silviuP Posts: 20
    Options
    in every meal that i eat i include at least 200-300g of vegetables and that keeps me full and satisfy, u should try include beans in your diet they are full of fibers and keeps you full,....i usually boil without salt and nclude like 100g in my salads
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Intra-day meal frequency and timing has absolutely no impact on your metabolism, calories and macros remaining constant. So, play around with what eating pattern makes it easier to fall within you calorie target. For me, I am generally not hungry in the morning so do not eat until after noon. That way I can have bigger meals. Plus, if I do happen to eat in the morning, I get hungrier, making it more challenging to stay within my target.
  • la_faerie
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I honestly suggest getting three SATISFYING meals per day with 1/2 snacks. Grazing leads to more grazing, but if you're full you'll be content not to eat more (and much more comfortable :).

I suggest something like this (because it works for me):
    Breakfast: Organic plain oatmeal with one tbs peanut butter stirred in and banana sliced on top.
    Snack: Handful (10-20) raw almonds
    Lunch: Healthy wrap made with a leafy green veggie, hummus, more vegetables like carrots or bell peppers, hot sauce, and low sodium turkey or chicken breast. Baby carrots. Apple with sunbutter.
    Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with hot sauce and 1/4 avocado with pepper.
    Dinner: Three egg omelette with leafy greens and cheese.

Basically the key is to load up on protein, healthy fats, and reasonable amounts of the right carbs--mostly fruit and vegetables--and make sure you are full so you don't end up being frustrated all day/eating more than necessary. Well, in my opinion. It has worked for me personally much better than anything else I've tried.