Coping with a miscarriage

Options
2»

Replies

• tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my post and saw a glaring error! I lost my angelbaby in 2008, not 2009! This is what I get for early morning typing!

I understand about the comments that people make that are unintentionally rough on your heart. I had put up a memorial sheet at the cubicle at work. It was just an angel w/ his name and date on it. A week later, my boss stopped by to "ask" me to take it down, that it had been up long enough. I tried to not take it the wrong way, but it was hard( and still is to this very day).
  • charm9
    charm9 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I appreciate your advice and support
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You'll start out hating every pregnant woman and believe me, they will suddenly be EVERYWHERE. Then, you'll start to feel more hopeful for yourself and maybe you won't hate pregnant women as much, lol. I'm at the stage where I don't hate pregnant women anymore, but nothing makes me cringe more than girls saying "we're going to start a family", "we're going to have X number of kids", "can't wait to have babies"...because I wish I could still be that naive.
    I remember the plans: I was going to get pregnant in my second year of vet school and have the baby in the summer...then it changed to getting pregnant in my fourth year and having a baby by graduation. Now, I'm 4 months past graduation, 2+ years past deciding to start a family and what do I have to show for it? One miscarriage over a year ago and still not pregnant.

You'll learn to get through each day, but I don't believe the pain ever goes away. Every year you'll remember the day you got your BFP, the day you miscarried, the day your baby was due...it never goes away.

My advice: don't be embarrassed to tell your story - I've heard hundreds of inspiring stories in the last year that have helped me to cope, because I shared my own story. Join an online support group and talk about it.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    1st congrats on getting married, your husband will be should be comforting hopefully in this time of loss. Miscarries are so hard! *hugs* :flowerforyou: :cry: I had to go through the motions, I've had 6 miscarries the 8 years I've been married. It never gets better, you will always think "what if...." It gets easier as time goes by. I was sad, and didn't want to face the world, then I was angry at everyone I knew that was pregnant or had kids already, then I was accepting finally after a lot of praying and talking about it to others. Just smack the next person that tells you that its okay, you'll get pregnant again. That's not the point *rolls eyes* you wanted this one, your baby is dead and I hate people who act like a miscarry is no big deal, like its not really a death.