Diabetic Birthday Cake Recipe Needed Plz

Options
divalivious
divalivious Posts: 213 Member
Hi
Got put in charge of the cake for my friends birthday who is diabetic. So been scouring sites looking for sugar-free birthday dessert ideas. Just running into not sure how they would taste and well some of them are rarely diabetic friendly even though they label them such. Suppose just tossing in some sweetener lets them say they are. So thought I would ask anyone if they had some great recipes they use. (Which will save me the wonder of is this a good recipe???)

To be a further pain in the butt love something fairly easy to make as I am not much of a baker. Open to most ideas.. cupcakes, cheesecake, cake, whatever you serve for a special dessert.

She adores coffee flavoring so if you have something with that in it... I will love you forever!

I need to start baking next weekend (Nov 2-3)

Thanks so much for your help

Replies

• CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Do a search for dump cake...its a cake mix and a can of diet pop, dont use anything (no oil, no egg) except thesee two things.In a 13x9 cake pan just dump a can of diet pop over the dry cake mix ( dont mix) and bake like the box says. You can try many different combinations of cake flavors with different diet pop flavors. fat free cool whip in place of frosting.
  • histogal99
    histogal99 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is not necessarily the healthiest recipe in all aspects, but it is low in sugar and easy to make. Put 2 cans of no sugar added cherry pie filling in a greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle on a box of sugar free devil's food cake mix (Pillsbury is the one I used). Cut 2 sticks of butter into pats and arrange evenly over the top. Bake for 1 hour at 350. Yum! Serve warm with some no sugard added ice cream or sugar free Cool Whip.

Based on 8 servings:
    444 cal
    56 g carbs
    28 g fat
    3 g protein
    411 g sodium
    7g sugar

Maybe you could use the other suggestion and add diet cola instead of the butter.
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I always substitute the sugar for splenda (the cup for cup kind) in my mom's sweets :)
  • gretchens33
    Options
    I made sugarfree brownies with black beans. turned out great. i assume carbs are lower and fiber higher.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a baker (from scratch), so I tend to use box cake mixes. I like the Pillsbury Sugar Free cake mix and icing. Even my kids will eat it!!

$(KGrHqF,!jcE-eYmBlU3BP5l5M)v9g~~60_35.JPG
  • ProudMomToTwo
    ProudMomToTwo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was thinking an Angel Food cake would do the trick and so I found this recipe
    Angel Food Cake with Berries
    http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/Angel-Food-Cake-with-Berries/r6746.html
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Box of spice cake and one can of pure pumpkin puree. Mix together and bake. For a topping, I took fat free cream cheese and added a sugar substitute ( a little at a time until I was ok with taste) and yummy. Office folks ate them all up.
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Some great ideas for sure.
    I never knew they made sugar free cake mixes. I am in Canada so gonna check to see if those have made it to our grocery shelves yet.

Thanks so much for the icing ideas cause I was going OMG what do I do for that :)