Lady garden issues!

Options

Replies

• srawson82
    Options
    I could not shave either as I had the same problem so I epalated For years I am now having laser. I will say when I first started epilating it killed but only for minutes and I only had to do it once a month.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I don't belong here...

*slowly backs out of thread*
  • prinlea2000
    prinlea2000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with PP about just going for the wax! It hurts (some areas worse than others) but you won't regret it. It's quick & the pain is over about as quick as it starts.

I purchased an ingrown hair serum from the place I go (I also get my eyebrows, lip & underams waxed there - the serum will work for all those spots) & have not had any problem with ingrown hairs, itchy re-growth or anything.

My only words of advice would be to go to a reputable place. You don't want just anyone/any place to do it!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait, okay, here's a question for the folks who said they wax themselves...what type do you use? I tried it a couple of weeks ago with a home wax kit, and it didn't work great...my pink bits ended up all patchy and weird. I've been considering going to have it done professionally, but don't really have the loot to keep up that kind of look.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that sugaring doesn't hurt as much as waxing. Not that waxing is all that painful.

Be careful with the hair removal products like Veet. There are some very sensitive areas down there and that stuff can cause burns if you aren't super careful.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I shave. I use a shaving cream called "couchy cream" and it works great! If you shave about once a week within about a month you will no longer get the rash. Also putting baby oil on will help it not get itchy because it will soften the skin so the hair doesn't have as hard of work to push back through and you'll also get less ingrown hair though I still normally get one.... but they are never bad and are easy to deal with

I wouldn't' use cream... I've heard that burns the more sensitive areas from a friend of mine
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I just love "lady garden" lol

Waxing isn't so bad - after the first few seconds. Doing daily maintenance shaves keeps things smooth and bump free too
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Shave with the grain. NEVER against. Ever.

Though your phrasing confuses me. Did you expect that to shrink..?
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    I shave. I use a shaving cream called "couchy cream" and it works great! If you shave about once a week within about a month you will no longer get the rash. Also putting baby oil on will help it not get itchy because it will soften the skin so the hair doesn't have as hard of work to push back through and you'll also get less ingrown hair though I still normally get one.... but they are never bad and are easy to deal with

I wouldn't' use cream... I've heard that burns the more sensitive areas from a friend of mine

I also use the coochy cream. It's amazing!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

really this exist?? lmao
  • herlittlegreendress
    Options
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Coochy is great, and there's an after-spray too. But seriously, man up and get waxed. So much better than all the things.
  • herlittlegreendress
    Options
    Laser hair removal, if it's in your budget...lot's of Groupons and Living Social coupons for it as well...Not too painful:)

On the contrary, I think laser hair removal hurts like crazy!!! I had it done on my chin and not only did it do nothing for me (I swear there is MORE hair than before and my sister agrees) but I ended up with a swollen, lumpy Jay Leno chin after each appointment and a week's worth of icing. Horrible. Perhaps the salon I had the Groupon for wasn't the most skilled or something but if so, they put on a legit front.

However, to be fair, my mom had a very good experience with laser hair removal. She didn't find it extremely painful and was happy with the results. I'm a bit jealous.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    This thread is useless without pictures. :blushing:
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    perhaps you are all right, I should man up and just get waxed!

I'm scared of walking like a cowboy afterwards though!

I'm having enough problems with my armpits at the moment! I suddenly have a massive hollow in them and having problems getting in!
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options

Not of mine though eh! ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa!
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Someone likes beef curtains ehhh?
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    I find I have the best results when I use a new, 4 edged razor and loads of shaving cream. I can't bring myself to have it waxed off (the cost prohibits me since it only lasts a couple of weeks and you have to have it grown out enough before you can have it done again, meh). I've heard a lot of conflicting opinions on laser treatment down there - first hand accounts of people getting scarred, of it being painful, of the hair still coming back, etc.

Sooo....I just decided to take care of it myself, often. Convenient, cheap, and once you get the process down - you'll see how to avoid the dreaded razor burn and in-grown hairs.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

I'm having enough problems with my armpits at the moment! I suddenly have a massive hollow in them and having problems getting in!

You won't. You'll be a little tender in the bruised way for a little bit after if it's your first time but honestly, you'll be fine. Don't go full brazilian for your first time, either. Just don't. lol.
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options

You won't. You'll be a little tender in the bruised way for a little bit after if it's your first time but honestly, you'll be fine. Don't go full brazilian for your first time, either. Just don't. lol.

Ha ha! like hell! full brazillian, that made me laugh loads, I'm scared to go bikini line let alone the Iot.

It's been a pleasure reading everyone's thoughts and tips, some very very useful information there and lots of it made me laugh loads!
This discussion has been closed.