Replies

• tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yum! Can't wait to try this.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bump :) Thanks this sounds really different. I like it!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Made this tonight, and it was absolutely delicious! Low calorie and low-sodium dish!

2 cans no-salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
    4 whole eggs
    1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
    1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
    1 large onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, pressed
    1 can no-salt added tomato paste
    2 small cans no-salt added tomato sauce
    1 tbsp dried sage
    1 tbsp dried thyme
    9 sprigs fresh cilantro, diced
    9 lasagna noodles, boiled and drained according to package instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Boil and drain.

On a stovetop, heat onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are soft. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, Rotel, thyme, sage, and cilantro. Heat until flavors are strong. If using stainless steel pan, first spray with high temp cooking spray to avoid sticking. Add drained black beans until well-mixed. Remove from heat and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Mix well.

Spray glass baking pan with cooking spray. Form a layer of 3 lasagna noodles on bottom of pan and spread a thin layer of egg and cheese mixture on top. Top with another 1/2" thick layer of black bean mixture. Add another layer of noodles and repeat layering for 3 layers. Top layer should be black bean mixture.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. After baking is done, let pan sit for 10 minutes until cool to allow layers to thicken properly.

Serves 8. Makes generous portion too, and goes well with a side salad and some fresh bread.

247 calories per serving.
    8g fat
    16g protein
    316mg sodium
    952mg potassium

BUMP
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Think I might try to even make them in the won ton "cupcake" fashion for portion control and easy freeze options. Thanks for posting.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    yum, yum, yum!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Ashleyanne271
    Ashleyanne271 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Think I might try to even make them in the won ton "cupcake" fashion for portion control and easy freeze options. Thanks for posting.

That's a really good idea. This recipe is very low calorie for lasagna as is, and I bet if you did the cupcake size, you could even use them for an appetizer or snack!