Lady garden issues!

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    perhaps you are all right, I should man up and just get waxed!

I'm scared of walking like a cowboy afterwards though!

I'm having enough problems with my armpits at the moment! I suddenly have a massive hollow in them and having problems getting in!

You won't walk like a cowboy. It seriously only hurts for a second and then the pain is gone. And NO ingrown hairs.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Someone likes beef curtains ehhh?

Rare to medium rare.
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    Someone likes beef curtains ehhh?

Rare to medium rare.

Ewwwww!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If you have a good salon technician, and they can do the wax fast, then the pain is minimal. I had a very good one, but one time she was on vacation and I went to someone else..... yikes. After than I only went to the good one. The cost did get prohibitive, so I tried a wax at home kit. No way, couldn't do it. So now I just clip it short with a trimmer. Do not use the chemical cream hair removers..... that burns and burns and burns, hurts way worse than waxing even with the less good salon person.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I got waxed a couple of weeks ago for the first time. Holy mother it was painful....but AWESOME. I went to Cancun right after and didn't have to shave or worry ONE time. I also bought some in grown hair preventitive type gel stuff and so far so good. I booked another wax for 3 weeks after my first and it isn't supposed to be as painful. We're talking, my shirt was soaked through with sweat. I just told myself that tons of women WAY less tough than me made it through so I'm not wussing out.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I shave. It looks a bit odd if i go in and ask for a brazilian.

Its like shaving a bag of marbles. You ladies think you're worried about slipping and it hurting, we feel like Ethan Hunt in mission impossible!

dun dun duh duh
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I shave. It looks a bit odd if i go in and ask for a brazilian.

Its like shaving a bag of marbles. You ladies think you're worried about slipping and it hurting, we feel like Ethan Hunt in mission impossible!

dun dun duh duh

Actually, the place where I'm getting my sugaring done this weekend offers Brazilians for men.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    wax on, wax off, hair gone.

I use a hard wax, the kind that doesn't need strips. When you apply the wax, it hardens, then you can rip it off just like if you had a strip.

folica.com and for $59 you can get the Satin Smooth wax kit which includes sticks, strips, regular wax, all the hair prep and soothing lotions, and the warmer. Then look for the Satin Smooth Citrus Mojito thin hard wax pot.

The regular wax you can use for your legs with the strips, and the hard wax, use for your lady bits. Use the prep oil, I swear it helps get more of the little hairs.

Sign up for their mailing list, they will let you know when they have a sale, and give you coupons. I waited and used a 20% off coupon for the kit, a pot of hard wax, and got free shipping.

I wax about every 2-3 weeks, and just went thru my first pot of hard wax after a year.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I don't belong here...

*slowly backs out of thread*

This made me laugh so hard. :laugh: Best thread ever!
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    just plait it
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Xanax and wax.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you are getting a wax and worried about the pain, have the person pull the strip off as you breathe out. It hurts less, and surprisingly a lot of the waxers either don't know this breathing trick or they aren't taught it.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    perhaps you are all right, I should man up and just get waxed!

I'm scared of walking like a cowboy afterwards though!

I'm having enough problems with my armpits at the moment! I suddenly have a massive hollow in them and having problems getting in!

The risk is worth the reward;)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I trim with scissors about twice a year (when I'm sick of the hair getting clotted during ToM). Mostly, I leave it alone.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I've had brazilians....yes they do hurt, but what do you expect! It's a quick pain and it goes away. However, if you're prone to ingrowns with shaving, waxing probably won't solve that problem. You could try laser if you want to permanently get rid of it; there is some pain involved there, but similar to waxing, it goes away quickly.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I trim with scissors about twice a year (when I'm sick of the hair getting clotted during ToM). Mostly, I leave it alone.

TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What the hell has happened! I have hit my target weight! everything has shrunk except "that area" ha ha!

No seriously! instead of having the nice little triangle I now have a wild undergrowth there!

I did once trim and shave (last time I was slim) but got a rash and ingrowing hairs! yuk!

I can just about cope with my eyebrows being waxed so that is a no go for me down there! think I would hit the roof and cry for a week.

What do you all do? how often? how do you cope with itchy?

I need to do something! Quick! it's not a cute look with this body!

x

I'd need to see before offering any useful suggestions.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

NO!
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    just plait it

ha ha ha ha! ah ha haaaaaaaaa!

Pigtails!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    whaaaaat did I just read..
This discussion has been closed.