monthly cravings....

Options
2»

Replies

• Sandyrocks82
    Options
    I have written a post in my blog regarding the monthly craving. I too have craving during TOM which undoes the efforts put in before that. It seems Serotonin is the cause behind all the cravings. I am not a doctor. I wanted to know th reason behind the cravings and found out information which I have presented in my blog.

Working out and eating proteins and fruits have really healped me this time and I didnt eat any of the usual PMS junk foods.

You can read the article here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sandyrocks82/view/my-experiment-with-serotonin-437171
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a tough talking too when u get in that mode.

I would probably smack my own mouth if I tried to talk to myself like that when I'm PMSing. :laugh:

lol... yes...true :P
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    1. Allow some "craved" foods - acceptable portions. I have been known to have a "meal" that is all craved food though. Oh well, no one is perfect. I just try not to eat the meal AND the huge dessert.
    2. Allow yourself to eat more regular food - go over your calories 2-300.
    3. Eat more protein. Especially at breakfast and at the end of the day (like after workout - 8pm). I don't know why, but it helps. I buy Premier Protein shakes at Costco. 30g, low fat, low sugar.
    4. Eat the things you crave slowly. Like, really sit down, turn off the tv and enjoy every bite. It helps to be slightly distracted between bites...like while reading a book. The slower I eat, the more satisfied I feel at the end.
    5. Drink a TON of water. I gulp it sometimes. I also have sparkling water with an oz of fruit juice added and/or a squeeze of lemon. That helps the wine cravings. I put it in a wine glass too.
  • DzNuts11
    Options
    Often time people will have trigger foods that lead to bad cravings. Find what food triggers your cravings. Often time it is bad/processed/unnatural sugar, which can be monitored by looking at the ingredients of everything you put in your mouth.
    I find that I crave bad foods when I don't get enough sleep. A lack of the proper amount of sleep for my body is a what triggers my bad cravings.