Want more friends who are dieting, but not "dieting" :)

Options
Hello! I'm not new, but I just purged my friends list of people who haven't logged on in many moons, and people who I have not communicated with since first becoming friends... so I want some new friends :)

I'd like to be friends with people who are trying to get healthier while still eating things they enjoy and having a little fun. It may be "healthier" to drink nothing but water, eat zero bread or gluten and eat nothing but grilled fish and organic spinach.... but it's not for me. I like soul food. I like to go out with my friends for buffalo wings every now and then, and I drink diet mountain dew (Sorry, clean eaters, I hope no one just fainted). I exercise 3-4 times a week, I've been buying more wholesome foods at the grocery store, drastically reduced how much fast food I consume, cut out regular pop and I have cut wayyy down on my sugar intake but I still have a sweet tooth that I will always have :) I've lost almost 12 pounds since September and I'm feeling much better, while still eating the things I love. Life's too short to not eat bread! :)

Like I said, NOTHING against clean eaters, but that lifestyle just isn't something I would be able to live with for the rest of my life. And I definitely don't condone people who eat 1200 calories of McDonald's every day and never exercise. I'm that happy medium!

So.. anyone else out there who isn't on any extreme diet restrictions, just trying to get healthier without getting crazy with the whole diet thing? Add me :)

Replies

• jealous_loser
    Options
    Added you!
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think the SAME way! Also looking for friends who feel the same! Feel free to add me as well :)
  • acctime2change
    Options
    Add me!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I try to eat everything in moderation. You can add me.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    My diary is frequently defiled with ice cream and pancakes
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Add me, too! I don't consider myself as "dieting" per se...but as a diabetic I watch what I eat...it's all about portion control for me, I pretty much eat everything!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I eat bad foods daily. But those aren't the only things I eat, either. And I have my bad days, like anyone else. I've been doing this for almost 3 years, and would be where I need to except for 2 back to back pregnancies. I've actually been well within 5 pounds of my first goal weight of 125 before I got pregnant with the first one.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Meeeee :)
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I love sweets and do not ever plan on giving them up completely. MFP gave me a goal of 2100 calories if I want to lose 1 lb a week, and that is just fine for me! I dont ever want to restrict myself too much... Ive been on Jenny Craig before and theyve had me eating 1500 cals, which might be fine for some people, but at that time I weighed around what I do now- 257ish- and it was just not enough for me! I plan on doing this the right way this time without feeling like Im depriving myself!
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've added you, everyone else wanting the same type of MFP friend, feel free to add me :-)
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Agree! Would love to be friends :)
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet. I'm making a lifestyle change. As I like to say, birthdays happen, Mexican food happens, potlucks at work happen. I'm not going to sit on the sidelines of my life because I can't eat like others. Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. I just think about the benefits before I eat something and decide if it's worth the calories/fat/sugars. Chips and salsa at a Mexican restaurant? ALWAYS worth the calories. Someone's weird dessert item at a potluck? Not so much.

Feel free to add me. My food diary is open so you can check out how I'm doing it. And I could use even more friends who exercise to help encourage me to get moving. That's one area I'm still lacking.
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Request sent :drinker:
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I diet every other day. On the alternate days, I eat what I want, within reason, and <gasp> drink several glasses of wine. It works for me!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Request Sent!!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I agree! I am trying to eat "cleaner" but every now and then a cheeseburger from McDonalds just tastes good. I just try not to eat out as often, and I cook more, experimenting with the foods I love. I also have a HUGE sweet tooth which seems to never go away lol. Add me as a friend if you'd like. :smile:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Anyone and everyone may feel free to add me. :)
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I get you there! I eat clean except for the diet soda and occasional Dunkin Donuts lol.

Feel free to add me anybody! :D
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I refuse to give up bacon, biscuits (every now and then), and pizza.
  • Juliawiatr
    Juliawiatr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! Adding you! :D