Want more friends who are dieting, but not "dieting" :)

Options

Replies

• afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same way!!!
    Add me, and anyone else feel free!! I am looking for friends like that too!!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I added you as well! My hubby and I are like that. I eat what I want plain and simple. I just watch my portions. I tend to cook fairly healthy, but if I want a burger or some wings, I eat them. Just not as much as I used to. And on those days, I just put a little more into my workouts.

It's a lifestyle change. I've always been a big believer that a lot of people set themselves up when they try to completely cut something out of their 'diets'. They crave and crave and crave, and when they finally give in, they gorge themselves on it. Just my opinion.

I don't 'diet' because it doesn't work for me. :)
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Um. Right?

You posting about buffalo wings just made my mouth water BTW.
  • annmariedap
    annmariedap Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me my goals are in line with yours :)
  • ScullyKel
    Options
    Sending you an add. Glad to see I'm not the only one out there :)
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I call it a lifestyle change, not a diet. I want to be able to continue with the same eating habits after I reach my goal.. just add a few calories to maintain rather than lose. I don't want to starve myself to lose weight, or feel like I CAN'T have that birthday cake or icecream. I just have a smaller portion than usual.
  • musiqueange
    musiqueange Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This thread is what I need, hahaaa! Add me, too! :D
  • adiaofthewaves
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm the exact same way. Here's the thing, I LOVE ice cream. And not the low-fat, low sugar kind either, the real deal (Bluebell Vanilla Bean is sooo good). So I've never looked at dieting as I need to deprive myself of food I enjoy. I love veggies and I love fresh fruit and eating healthy foods, but I also love a coke every now and then or a good well-made burger. I just eat those things in moderation, while still cutting back calories and exercising.

I'm glad to see that there are others here who feel the same. Anyone else can add me as well!
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am all about the freedom to eat whatever I want in moderation. Granted, sometimes I get into a pattern of eating the same thing every day because it's working, but variety is a very good thing!

Also, ice cream, cake, and candy are just too good to let go of!
  • itswennndy
    Options
    Right there with you too! I love to eat and enjoy myself .
  • Icaw
    Icaw Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'd say there's maybe one day a month that I don't have chocolate. That said, I try to make healthier choices 80% of the time and have been successful thus far with this approach.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I love alcohol and chocolate, but I legit cannot eat gluten. :(
  • TanyaRochelle
    TanyaRochelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you... healthy eating for me "most: of the time means healthier eating for my whole family "most" of the time!
    I will never give up creamer in my coffee or wine when I want it!
    I have found there are some things i just do not crave anymore, but Panda Express is not one of those foods!! (but I have found better choices there)
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sending request...but I must say the Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice Muffin is NOT worth the 550 calories but that's just MHO.

A glass of wine or an ice cold Corona Light definately fit into my daily regimen as does the occassional chocolate chip brownie bite or mini pumpkin muffins I make at home. I can get by without ice cream every night but I will walk 5 miles a day to earn my wine or beer calories.
  • hollyjane77
    Options
    That's awesome! I still eat every thing I like too (including fast food sometimes) - just less of it. I would never be happy giving up carbs or eating only "health foods". I love pasta, bread, and chocolate - and that will never change. It doesn't mean I'm not serious about losing weight though. I say if I can't eat what I like, then this lifestyle will never work for me. I'm sending you a request :-) And anyone else here can feel free to add me too!
  • smoodgelly
    smoodgelly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm on the last push, have changed eating habits & increased exercise, feel much better & almost at target. I know I need something sustainable & that I'm not going to give up carbs & alcohol totally but it works for me to moderate them & be vigilant when the weight creeps back up. Would love some more like minded friends, it can be slow when you are close to target!
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    add me if you wish! And anyone else who sees this!
  • jmv92891
    Options
    Adding you! I feel the same way. I eat normal food but do watch my calorie intake. I walk on the treadmill every morning and that's about it. I've lost 28 lbs. since July.
  • abentrup
    abentrup Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We might be soul mates...added you!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Wait, so it can't be 1200 calories a day at McD's? Dang. Forget it then. :devil: