sued for ugly baby?!? wow....

Options
2»

Replies

• enigmachik
    Options
    My son is absolutely adorable. But he was a weird looking baby for the first few weeks. Like a little alien.

That's a good point. Babies are usually not at their cutest right out of the womb, it takes a few weeks (or years). lol. Regardless, you should absolutely adore your child no matter what they look like. Suing over what you kid looks like is just so sad. This poor baby will undoubtedly find out about this later in life and have self-image issues because of it.
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This story makes me glad that I am a resident of a Western Society where beauty and youth are not idealised and people do not go to unhealthy extremes to achieve a socially stereotypical view of beauty.

Oh.

Wait.
    Lol...my thoughts exactly. Win!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Yeah he's a real winner. But unfortunately, that's a lot of their culter.

On the other hand though... she had over 100+k in plastic surgery!! Holy jeebs.

Did you mean to say culture? Because if so, do I need to post some of the cases won in America?

Fast food companies getting sued for making people obese
    Coffee companies sued for coffee too hot
    Cigarette companies being sued for cancer (wayyyy after warning labels and everything)
    dog owners sued by a person who broke into his house and was bit by the dog.

Shall I continue? Please be careful to bash somebodys culture. It makes you seem ignorant of your own surroundings. Racism isn't only limited to ones own country, bashing people other than your own country is also wrong and frankly, people like you disgust me
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wow... Unbelievable that someone could sue over that. Poor kid x
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm a fraternal twin and I was definitely the more unfortunate-looking baby. Pitiful looking, really. My twin was a super cute baby. But by the time we were in pre-school I started to get cute too.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen an ugly baby. I mean ever. They are all beautiful.

I've seen plenty of minging adults though. Sadly, quite a number of those adults use their personalities as an effective form of birth control...

Oh come on, they might be beautiful to their parents but not all babies are 'beautiful', I was a right mingus!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, babies don't even look like they will when grown up. That's just silly.

Not necessarily true, at childbirth the child usually looks like the father, this has genetic implications so the natural father will not reject the child.

Read http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/22/health/22real.html
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    AeHwgjaCQAA3oKt.jpg
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    While I can understand feeling betrayed and wanting to divorce his wife because she didn't tell him about the major plastic surgery, suing his ex wife because their baby is ugly brands this man as the most selfish, superficial douchnozzle I've ever heard of.

That kid (and his ex wife) are far better without someone like that. I hope she finds an awesome guy to love her and her little girl.
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I know plenty of Chinese people. My family is Chinese although I am genetically white. None of my friends or family would ever ever do something like that so it's not all about the culture. That is an incredibly stereotypical statement. What happened in that case is a case of extremes just like can happen anywhere.

I saw a similar story about a white couple from Las Vegas. It's not a cultural thing. It's about people not hiding things from their spouses before they get married. This isn't about an ugly baby. He could have divorced her for false pretenses if they had never had a child and he had found out some other way.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Fast food companies getting sued for making people obese
    Coffee companies sued for coffee too hot
    Cigarette companies being sued for cancer (wayyyy after warning labels and everything)
    dog owners sued by a person who broke into his house and was bit by the dog.

Shall I continue? Please be careful to bash somebodys culture. It makes you seem ignorant of your own surroundings. Racism isn't only limited to ones own country, bashing people other than your own country is also wrong and frankly, people like you disgust me

This....
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    its wrong to lie about anything to a partner let alone that, but lets face it the idiot clearly only married for appearances if it was enough to leave her, its what you get for being superficial. as someone above said divorce her if its an issue but dont turn your back on the kid x
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wow...so much for my your so ulgy joke...
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, babies don't even look like they will when grown up. That's just silly.

^^^

I will say, I find it deceptive that the woman lied, or rather wasn't honest, about her appearances. Lets face it, we are genetically hard wired to find desirable looking mates to have desirable and healthy children.
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    this is a very very old story. 2004 at least
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I often thought about sueing my in laws for misrepresentation of being nice people =)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    this is a very very old story. 2004 at least

1st I ever heard of or read about it.
  • enigmachik
    Options
    What I don't understand is how he didn't know she had plastic surgery. I mean I get that she didn't tell him, but you mean he never once asked to see pictures from the past, family photo albums, childhood pics etc? Even her family never showed them to him or mentioned the plastic surgery?