Breakfasts 200-300 calories

Options
124»

Replies

• SkinnyFattoo
    Options
    Hi Kate! I have all of the same issues with cereal and sweet breakfast items as you. I find that whole wheat sandwich thins (100 cal.) filled with turkey bacon (or sausage) and a scrambled egg are very satisfying. I also like butter-flavored instant grits (100 cal.) with an egg or a banana.
  • ilceh
    ilceh Posts: 4
    Options
    There are a few brands of bread that are only 60 calories, but look full size (taste good too). If you eat a banana, try eating half, freeze the other half, minus the peel, in a plastic bag. Have a banana popsicle when you are craving sweet later in the day. That gives you about 50 extra calories at breakfast to add more filling and satisfying things you like.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    two whole wheat crispbreads with vegetable oil spread and a slice of hard cheese (gouda, cheddar etc) comes at about 200 cals, so you still have room for fruit or a drink.
    Easy too, for when you are in a hurry.
  • weare7
    weare7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to eat ALL 12 muffins in one sitting... These are to freeze and grab and go... They last me about a month...
  • Momma1213
    Options
    I saute (in olive oil) my fave veggies (mushrooms, asparagus, onions) lightly with garlic salt and pepper. I scrambled 8 or so eggs (no milk) I scramble the veggies and eggs in a bowl then fill muffin tins with the mixture bake for a few on 350.. I let them cool then put them in a freezer bag to grab and go every morning...

Cheap, fast, yummy and low cal.

That's an awesome idea. Thanks!!
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    My breakfast consists of:

27 grams Rice Chex
    55 grams nonfat greek yogurt
    1/2 cup of milk

and whatever fruit I decide to have: usually 20 grams of Craisins, (65 calories) but lately having 35 grams of frozen blueberries. (18 calories.)

with the blueberries it is 214 calories, with the Craisins it is 261.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Oh, didn't realise cereal was out.

I usually go with yogurt when needing to be out quick, or a large egg fried with spray oil (virtually no oil calories then) with 1 oz pepper jack cheese and hot sauce on a corn tortilla. About 245 calories.
  • lauryn86
    lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had coachs oats and half a serving of dried blueberries, 1 pkg splenda=265 calories!
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 large eggs with a whole wheat tortilla heb brand (90 cal) and 1 piece of 2% Kraft cheese (45 cal) the total ends up being about 230ish? I can't remember but I stay full for so much longer!!!!
  • greatsmile71
    greatsmile71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    sounds great.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    I am trying to find new breakfasts for 200 to 300 calories one problem though is I really struggle to eat sweet breakfast! Cereal generally makes my tummy turn I duno if its to do with the milk or what and pancakes n waffles etc. I can eat fruit tho but never find if filling enough! I love bread I think that's the problem! Because I would have two slices of toast but then generally have a sandwich at lunch aswell!
    Any alternatives would be great :)
    Thanks kate

Oatmeal with egg whites and peanut butter. About 250 calories
  • s4rawberry
    Options
    I don't eat much during breakfast (if I do at all that day), but Quaker Instant Oatmeal is like 130-160 calories depending on which kind you buy. I personally love Apple and Cinnamon, but yeah. It's a quick and light breakfast.
  • BHC64
    BHC64 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    pumpkin spice muffins -
    1 15 oz can pumpkin
    1 dry cake mix (spice cake, yellow or white)
    1/2 cup nuts of choice (optional)
    1/2 cup carrots (optional, some people say it adds moisture)
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

mix dry cake mix and pumpkin well. Do NOT add oil or egg. add nuts, carrots, and spice. bake at 350 20-25 minutes. I calculated this to be ~183 calories if you make 12 muffins.
  • t_nikki
    t_nikki Posts: 16
    Options
    Eggs in a basket =]
    2 slices natures own wheat bread 50 calories a piece=100 cal
    2 large eggs= 140 cal
    1/2 tbsp Land O lakes Butter=50 cal
    = 290 Cal
    tear 2 medium sized holes out of the center of each bread slice, then very lightly butter the bread. I don't have a problem with eating real fat so I use Land O' lakes sweet cream butter, I try to eat only real food despite the high calorie or fat content. Then pl toss the buttered bread in a frying pan and crack the egg in the hole you had previously torn out. Cook for 2 minutes and flip for another 2 minutes. It is so Delicious! If I am really craving something sweet I top the fried egg and bread with 1/2 tbsp of Apple butter =]