Breakfasts 200-300 calories

Options
Hey all!
I am trying to find new breakfasts for 200 to 300 calories one problem though is I really struggle to eat sweet breakfast! Cereal generally makes my tummy turn I duno if its to do with the milk or what and pancakes n waffles etc. I can eat fruit tho but never find if filling enough! I love bread I think that's the problem! Because I would have two slices of toast but then generally have a sandwich at lunch aswell!
Any alternatives would be great :)
Thanks kate

Replies

• palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Try an egg plus two whites with only one piece of toast or a healthy English muffin. There is no harm in having bread at both meals
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yes an egg. You can add a whole lot of low cal, filling veggies to an omelette, or scramble.
    One piece of whole grain toast.
  • kirbyland
    kirbyland Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have eaten the same breakfast almost every day for the past month...so far so good.
    2 pieces of Canadian Kub Rye Bread (toasted) -
    1/4 Avacado -
    1/4 cup NaturEgg Egg Whites -

Fry up the egg whites, cut slices of avocado spread it on the toast and voila a healthy fried egg sandwich! DELICIOUS!
  • Kateohagan22
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers :)
  • luckyfives
    Options
    I'll second English muffins, they're about 150 calories, and you can then add toppings - try a slice of cheese or ham, maybe salami if you don't like sweet flavours.
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had porridge for my breakfast and that came in at under 300 cals.

50g porridge oats
    1 sweetner tab
    1 tsp sugar
    240ml Skimmed Milk
  • hotmamatodd
    hotmamatodd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love my dark rye toasted with a spoonful of natural peanut butter. 200cals! I've started adding Chia seeds on top for some extra crunch and of course the added nutritional benefits. On extra hungry mornings, I add half of a banana. Still keeps me under 300 cals and so satisfying!
  • weare7
    weare7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I saute (in olive oil) my fave veggies (mushrooms, asparagus, onions) lightly with garlic salt and pepper. I scrambled 8 or so eggs (no milk) I scramble the veggies and eggs in a bowl then fill muffin tins with the mixture bake for a few on 350.. I let them cool then put them in a freezer bag to grab and go every morning...

Cheap, fast, yummy and low cal.
  • babymamahowell
    Options
    I typically have oatmeal and a banana if I have them. If not oatmeal then hard boiled egg
  • charisma103
    Options
    If you don't mind pre-packaged breakfasts, Jimmy Dean makes decent breakfast sandwiches in their "DeLightful" line between 210-280 calories.

Also, Kellogs Special K just came out with Flatbread breakfast sandwiches between 200-250 calories.

I've tried both brands and one sandwich is substantial enough (with my morning coffee) to keep me full for 3-4 hours. You can find these in the feezer section of Walmart or your grocery store.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Some work mornings I have a small tin of baked beans (the tiny ones in a 4 share pack) on toast - around 200 cal with one slice of toast and around 300 cals with 2 slices of toast.

This tides me over well up to lunch.

Other days I have an egg on toast, sometimes with a small rasher of bacon.

Baked eggs, omelettes and vegemite on toast (yep I am Aussie and I do eat vegemite on toast for brekky sometimes MMMMmmm)
  • danielleeliz_xo
    danielleeliz_xo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I saw this on the biggest loser. Turkey beef cooked with an egg in it with some peppers. Wrap it up in a whole wheat wrap. its good too
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I microwave an egg and put it on a piece of toast with a little butter, then eat it like an open-faced sandwich. You could always put a piece of cheese on it, too.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I saw this on the biggest loser. Turkey beef cooked with an egg in it with some peppers. Wrap it up in a whole wheat wrap. its good too

Turkey beef? :noway: That exists?!
  • irisic
    irisic Posts: 55
    Options
    I saute (in olive oil) my fave veggies (mushrooms, asparagus, onions) lightly with garlic salt and pepper. I scrambled 8 or so eggs (no milk) I scramble the veggies and eggs in a bowl then fill muffin tins with the mixture bake for a few on 350.. I let them cool then put them in a freezer bag to grab and go every morning...

Cheap, fast, yummy and low cal.

I love this idea :)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Explain to a girl down under what "Turkey Beef" is exactly...the image I get in my mind is of a turkey running around with a t-bone steak in it's beak going 'gobble gooble mooo-ooooo'...
  • danielleeliz_xo
    danielleeliz_xo Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Well its lean ground turkey, thats just what i call it lol
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    A omelet..with a little lean meat, eggs whits, veggies, and avocado & salsa...you can even add a little cheese on top. It's so yummy and not sweet!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hah, mine is a Quest bar and a coffee. Under 300 kcals and a bunch of fibre and protein.

And caffeine, which is probably the most important part of breakfast!
  • stopkasisaidso
    Options
    I like "parfaits". You can take about 1/2 c - 1 c of low-fat vanilla yogurt and add your favorite fruit, like banana, strawberry, blueberry, whatever you have on hand and then topping it with a sprinkle of chopped walnut or pecan.