the weekend... UGH.

Options
Okay, so does the 2lb cycle affect anyone else?? I do GREAT all week long, I'm super motivated, follow my plan to a T. Then, the weekend comes around. On the weekends, I don't log. I usually don't go much over my daily limit (maybe 500 cals or so) and then Monday comes around and I could be anywhere from 2-5 pounds heavier than I was on Friday.

This weekend, I only had 1 cheat meal and I gained THREE WHOLE POUNDS :(:(:(

Even with 1000 extra calories, I shouldn't be gaining that much weight. And the worst part is that it's not water weight! It doesn't go away. It stays forever until I go through all the effort to lose it again.

Just letting my frustration about this out..... does this happen to anyone else??

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Start tracking EVERYTHING. Even if it is a 'cheat' day or meal, whatever. Any advice you get is irrelevant until you actually know EXACTLY what you're eating.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is any way you actually gained that much fat-its likely a lot of water retention from sodium, so don't panic too much. But yes-weekends are always harder to stay on track. Just keep trying, and keep logging-you may be eating more than you think...
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I AM WITH YOU!!!!!!!! Lol ugh, the weekends kill me, and like you, I also gain like 2 lbs over the weekends. I still log everything I eat, but that's when we tend to go out to eat. I think when you get used to eating a certain amount daily, any fluctuation in that is going to cause a gain. A lot of it too is water weight, sodium tends to be a bit higher in "weekend" foods, so it isn't actual fat you're gaining. But nonetheless, it's aggravating!! I ruin all progress that I've made in a week just in 1 weekend, and yet I continue to do it to myself. I take full responsibility, and the only thing to do is to NOT go crazy, to log, and to stick to my calorie goal. It's just tough!
  • erindh87
    Options
    That's how my cycle is. Mondays are ALWAYS my heaviest day and Fridays are usually my lightest. I tend to eat more sodium and less fruit on the weekends which is the most likely cause. I take an average for the whole week and compare it with the previous weeks' averages to see how I'm trending.
  • alejandragc
    alejandragc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It happens to me! Usually i do pretty well the whole week, i work out from monday to friday (sometimes on saturdays) but on the weekends i get horrible cravings and I have cheat meals! I guess that's the reason i have not been losing much weight. I don't know how much you weight but generally when we are closer to our weight goal those cheat meals really affect our body and weight so we gotta stop that!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Yep. The weekend "1-2 lb cycle" is my worst enemy. For me it's my higher alcohol intake, and then higher sodium in my "hangover food". I know what my problem is, it's just hard to stop. :embarassed:
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yeah the weekends sucks for me! Mon-friday i can split my calories between breakfast, lunch and dinner and not feel hungry. On the weekends, it feels like I am eating every 1-2 hours and I am never full :(
  • monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're still getting plenty of fiber / water. I know that when I have a "splurge weekend" it can affect the way my body handles it. Sometimes we're not as "normal" as we should be with all of th "bad foods". Having a few adult bevarges can really throw you off sometimes too. I agree with the prior post...... Just good habit to track EVERYTHING. Those darn calories can really add up. GOOD LUCK! =)
  • jfa002
    jfa002 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My suggestion, get a body composition scale/monitor and look at your body fat% rather than your over-all weight if you're worried about gaining fat. I'm switching to that because I'm tired of seeing my weight fluctuate by a couple lbs.