Clueless????

Options
So I start then stop. Need to learn more about what to eat and what not to eat. It seems like when I think I eat. I think I might be an emotional eater. How do I stop the cravings?? Is Diet Mountain dew bad? I must say I drink alot of it. I know I hear water, water, water. If anyone has advice I so welcome it as I have to get this done and stick with it this time.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Count your calories. Log your calories. Eat enough to reach your daily goal. Exercise. Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • jcforever7
    Options
    Thanks!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes diet Mt Dew is bad. Artificial sweetners are poison.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Then do it!...Learn more about what to eat by researching it. I started out with oxygen magazines and my curiosity grew and then my knowledge grew and now by trial and errror i know what works for me ..When you realize how many calories you should be eating to lose weight you won't waste it on beverages.. and you are going to hear it again water water water... if you actually do it and drink the amount you are suppose to it has soooo many benefits (google it!)
  • KodiakAndrea
    Options
    replace one Mt Dew with water every day. start with one. then after a week or so, replace another. etc... pretty soon you will be drinking water not diet soda. having one once in a while is not bad, but drinking a bunch every day is NOT good. Dtudies show that drinking diet soda can lead to increased belly fat which is NOT what anyone wants.
  • ferfer711
    Options
    try switching to diet soda,do things in moderation so it doesnt overwhelm u
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

I agree on the sentiment, but "poison" is overstating it or half of the developed,and fat, world would be dead by now
  • ruthinrecovery
    Options
    I am now drinking high PH water and it is making a difference. Soda/Pop falls in the has no nutritional value for me.
  • 3sladesfam
    Options
    Have you ever tried Mio enhancer? It has 0 calories, and sugar. They come in many different flavors too. :happy:
  • akgal78
    akgal78 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I totally am an emotional eater. I know what I need to do it just seems that sometimes I am doing it and sometimes I don't. I totally get how you are feeling. Just try to focus on every hour of the day. If you slip up it was just a bad moment and it doesn't have to be a bad day. Yes water is important. They say you should drink something like half your body weight in water! OMG for me that is over a gallon a day. I am trying but it is so hard. Maybe try baby steps. Drink a Dt Dew (yummy btw) and then maybe tell yourself you won't drink another one until you drink a big glass of water. IDK, that works for me sometimes. Just an idea. Stay strong and focused...............(my downfall most of the time) and you will get there. I have recently found that by uping my protein I am not craving as much sweets and I used to. I don't know why but I'm not. Lets hope it stays that way. Good luck. You got this girl!
  • akgal78
    akgal78 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Mio enhancer? It has 0 calories, and sugar. They come in many different flavors too. :happy:
    Mio is amazing. I like the peach tea myself. Good recommendation.
  • megami_girl
    megami_girl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Count your calories. Log your calories. Eat enough to reach your daily goal. Exercise. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Get a Heart Rate Monitor and a food scale. Find the Cardio exercise that you really like to do. Liquid Calories are sneaky and can wreck your calorie counting day. and I totally agree with "Don't sweat the small stuff" .... and it is ALL small stuff. If you cheat you cheat yourself.
  • jcforever7
    Options
    Wow guys, thank you so much for the advice and going to put it to work. Try it and see how it goes. I love the support - means so much.
  • cass8710
    cass8710 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started about a month ago and am struggling! I am good during the week but take the weekends off. I averaged all the weightsand ttook the average and still should have made more.progress :( About the water.... I'm not the biggest water drinker but I do know it is very important to stay away from soda. I have always been a little bit of a juice drinker. What worked for me.... I add a little grapefruit juice to my water. Its strong enough to make the whole.glass taste like it!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

PhgHD.gif
  • BrittanyynattirB
    Options
    i put lemon slices in my water causei hate the taste you should try it :)
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i put lemon slices in my water causei hate the taste you should try it :)

You hate the taste....of water? :huh:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I am...wait, what?

Oh....1 Calorie in equates to 1 Calorie.

It's not rocket science. Choose. Act. Succeed.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    pi6sW.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Care to substantiate the hyperbole?