What to do with a rotisserie chicken???

Options
sarahsaca
sarahsaca Posts: 50 Member
So I have a rotisserie chicken and wanted to do something besides just eat the plain chicken and have a salad, etc....

Any ideas?????

Replies

• dalygirl_2010
    Options
    after you eat what you want, boil it off the bone and then make chicken and dumplings. there is a low cal recipe on spark people, that is pretty good...
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    chicken with artichokes, capers and onions (lemon as the "sauce")
    chicken enchiladas
    chicken broccoli zitti
    chicken with roasted carrots and potatoes
    bbq chicken
    chicken pizza

i love chicken
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos! Or mix it into a marinara sauce and serve over pasta or squash.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Tacos!
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Chicken and mushroom omelette is a good fallback in my house, 5 mins and you have a good protein rich meal.

I do really love just having chicken with a little salad cream as a dip so that's my normal choice but you could make a quickie pizza using a wholewheat wrap, some tomato sauce and veg,the chicken and a little cheese, then pop it under the grill.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    shred it up and use it in anything, tacos, enchiladas, wraps, bbq, sandwiches.. be creative!
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I cannot remember the site I read it on, but if you search for 'a week of meals with a rotisserie chicken' it will give you a lot of great recipes.
  • sarahsaca
    sarahsaca Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great ideas!! It's funny how you can just go blank with something as simple as chicken but I just couldn't think of anything -- now my mind is full of ideas!!!! Yay
  • jjchairo
    jjchairo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chicken Quinoa Chili! And Brunswick stew. I always make Brunswich Stew w/ my rotisserie chicken.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I remove all the meat, cut it up and make a chicken pot pie.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Shred it up, put a little sauce on it and make it a sandwich.

10975745.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mhaight85
    Options
    I love eating chicken with salsa on it! So good, and salsa is super low calorie so it adds nutrients and flavor without adding a lot of calories.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I take 30z of the chicken with salsa and 1/2 cup of black beans with a little diced fresh tomato I eat it both cold and hot
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Dumplings, Tacos, Chicken omelets.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Eat some plain with delicious side dishes tonight, pick the easy-to-get stuff off the bones and use it in chicken tacos, boil the rest off to use in soup/stews.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You could do a bazillion things! chicken tacos, wraps, soup...the list goes on and on. Some more good ideas here: http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=rotisserie+chicken+ideas
  • pinkdaisy1120
    pinkdaisy1120 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for mac n cheese where instead of just cheese you use a salsa and then mix in the chicken. I think it's called "mac cheese chicken", and I use the rotisserie chicken for that. It's yummy!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I always use them for soup. Shred it up and put it in with some veggies and chicken stock and rice/pasta. I also have made this chipotle chili with a rotisserie chicken: http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2012/10/chipotle-chicken-chili-or-c3-951-recipe.html
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    EAT THE DAMN THING!!! Chicken is awesome!! EAT IT!!