Lady garden issues!

Options

Replies

• Trudyr777
    Trudyr777 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Use a good cream and shave, apply baby oil after and you should have minimal bumps. Make sure you use a nice new razor!! For extra fun, have hubby or BF or who ever give you an assist. It can be very erotic!!
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    When did this crazy "hairless hoo-hah" thing begin anyway? As a child of the 60's teen of the 70's, and young adult of the 80's.I dont; recall this issue ever being as big a deal as it is today! Are women today obsessed with this?

I have been...er...."au naturel" my whole life. No man has EVER complained, least of all my husband. He actually considers the shaved/sugared/tweezed/plucked/yanked "lady gardens" to be ridiculously ugly and even childlike, and he'd feel like a pervy pedophile if he thought for one minute that the hairless look was natual or sexy in any way, shape, or form. :huh:

Now, I'm not about to allow my armpit hair to rival Madonna's, nor am I going around like Yeti with legs to match. But you gotta draw the line somewhere. I'm not going to accidentally injure or even whack off something useful and necessary if I shave pits and legs like I might if I shave the Netherlands. Geesh!! :noway:

I think the ONLY thing that MIGHT get me to think twice about becoming a Mexican Hairless of the Nether Regions is when men start shaving it all off down yonder, too. After all, fair is fair. :wink:

*steps off soapbox*
    lol
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My husband regularly shaves most of what he has off downstairs, just leaves the little bit above the meat there he says (for effect)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't belong here...

*slowly backs out of thread*
    *kitten*, I'm a chick and I'm frightened of this thread.. :indifferent:
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    I have had great fun reading this thread, it has kept me amused all afternoon. Thank you all, it has been a blast.

I have had several private messages giving me some good advice, I am going in with the razor tomorrow (brand new, good and sharp) With a good shaving cream and after cream.

Will consider waxing for the future, I am booked in for my eyebrows threading tomorrow and can't cope with too much pain in one day.

keep the comments coming I love it.

You are all so cool. ha ha!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I use Magic Shave. It's made for black dudes bald heads. $2.99 at Target. It stinks and is probably horrible carcinogenic chemicals but it works great and doesn't sting. Slather it on, wait 10 minutes and wipe it off with a washcloth. Viola, hairless! Hahahaha

My husband manscapes too, I don't even remember what it looks like with a giant bush. HA!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    brb ploughing the garden
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Brazilian wax, not as painful as you think. Pain is over so quickly that it is so worth it. Only way to go in my opinion. Good luck!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I recently had my first brazilian like 2 weeks ago! Before that I shaved. I was mortified that it would hurt tons, but honestly it didn't bother me nearly as bad as I thought it would. After the first strip it was fine. I think there was only one part that bothered me a little bit, but the pain went quick. I would at least try it once!
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    "Lady Garden", amusing and creative terminology there! As for garden management, I remember it being extremely difficult at my highest weight - definitely some mirror arrangement going on there, haha! I see some people wax and some others shave - I just always shave in the more dangerous areas, if you know what I mean - and Nair the safer zones. It's the area that I Nair that is prone to razor rash, and for some reason the more risky zone isn't affected by a razor at all. Nair is fine, in my experience, as long as you don't leave it on forever/use it near interior areas.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Thread of the Day!
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    EWWWWWW haha jk. I either use a electric shaver or when using a raZor shave down wards. Down wards, you will not get ingrown hairs....eewwwwwwww haha
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    (no offense to people that do this) Hubby and I are not at all attracted to the "bare" look , but we both really appreciate the nicely trimmed look (plus man fur tickles my nose during bj's and it makes me sneeze....not a good time to be involuntarily clamping your teeth down lol) We have a beard trimmer that's designated use is for "down there" lol we make it fun and trim each other :)
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I trim with scissors about twice a year (when I'm sick of the hair getting clotted during ToM). Mostly, I leave it alone.

TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI

I wasn't sure if I was amused or disgusted - I LAUGHED SO HARD JUST NOW.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    First trim off as much as you can with scissors. Then shave off the remaining with a fresh disposable razor. Oh, before you shave scrub the area with scrubby gloves. Once you shave off what you want it's real easy to maintain, just shave every other day to prevent stubble and in-growns. Use a new razor every time.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've got a battery-operated clipper tool made specifically for this area. I'm very comfortable with it.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I trim with scissors about twice a year (when I'm sick of the hair getting clotted during ToM). Mostly, I leave it alone.

TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI

I wasn't sure if I was amused or disgusted - I LAUGHED SO HARD JUST NOW.

I laughed pretty loud as well!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i did a brazillian wax, and it was my first time, and my god did it hurt, i wanted to hit something, but i sucked it up, and i didn't cry, but the more often you go your hair will thin out and it will hurt less. Plus i loved the results, no itching, no ingrown hairs, none of that and it was nice and smooth!!! boyfriend loved it!!! lol
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    I use Magic Shave. It's made for black dudes bald heads. $2.99 at Target. It stinks and is probably horrible carcinogenic chemicals but it works great and doesn't sting. Slather it on, wait 10 minutes and wipe it off with a washcloth. Viola, hairless! Hahahaha

My husband manscapes too, I don't even remember what it looks like with a giant bush. HA!

This made me spit my vodka everywhere! Manscapes is my new word of the day! Brilliant!
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I shave it all off as well, every day even though it doesn't grow back that fast, just prevents ingrown hair and there are no bumps.. smooth as a baby's bottom.. I love it! lol Just use a good shaving cream with not a lot of perfume and make sure the skin is wet thoroughly or else you will get razor burn. Usually helps if you soak in a bath for a few min first. Sorry if this is TMI.. lol But honestly, there's no pain, no weird bumps, and no ingrown hair. love it :)
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    Question... when you wax, dont u get ingrown hairs anyways? and itchyness as it grows back?
This discussion has been closed.