Question about 30 Day Shred

Options
What do you list it under in your exercise log? I have been listing it as 18 minutes of general aerobics, but I've been reading that some people log it as circuit training. Any input would be great, as I don't have a HRM.

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I've been listing it as circuit training but I estimated the calories burned, because I don't have a HRM to tell me for sure. I have it at 125 calories, I'm 5'3" and 150 lbs.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I dont think it matters - as long as you know what it is.... I logged it in under general aerobics and then I made a note in the notes section that it was the shred so that I can go back and review months from now and knwo what it was.
  • hollyheckman
    Options
    I just listed it as circuit training for 20 minutes and 5 minutes of mild stretching. Stick with it! You'll love the results :)
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. You will see results!!!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I am 163 pounds, 5'4" and my HRM logs the 30 day shred (27 minutes from start to end of cool down) as burning usually around 240 calories. I use 8 pound weights and do full push ups.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    WHAT is 30 day Shred??? I am new!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I am 163 pounds, 5'4" and my HRM logs the 30 day shred (27 minutes from start to end of cool down) as burning usually around 240 calories. I use 8 pound weights and do full push ups.

holy crap you are awesome! 8lbs weight AND full pushup
  • cmurphy04722
    Options

holy crap you are awesome! 8lbs weight AND full pushup

Haha, gracias. I played softball year round in high school and then in the spring for college. And I was a pitcher. So my arms are pretty strong, but they don't have definition anymore so they look kinda fat. :-( The first day with the 8 pounders kicked my butt! I still struggle during the side lunges with the (lat raises?) but it's been alright otherwise. Gotta work with what ya got!
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I list it as circuit training. I just bought a HRM last week. It has been almost exactly the same as what this site says for calories burned. The HRM is different by 1-3 calories everytime! So, I would trust what the site says as far as that goes.
    Good luck with it! I am on day 25, level 3 and it kicks my butt!! :-)
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Any guys doing the 30 day shred? Im thinking about starting just because I like the time much more than p90x.
    I did 1 round of p90 last year, is this along the same lines?
  • Phillips28
    Phillips28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good question! I have been doing the Biggest Loser Workout Video's...Power Sculpt and Cardio and just added in 30 day shred! Wow is that quick, but hard! Good for you Cmurphy for using 8lb weights. I've been using 5 lb and there is the side squat/arm raise lift move that I can't quite finish with those weights! I'm working on it! Anyway, I bought a cheap calorie watch at Target to calculate my calories burned...it says for the 20 minutes I do her level one, it says I burn around 182 calories. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I'm 30 yrs old, 5'4", 144 lbs. I usually skip the warm up and cool down and do my own on the elliptical. Anyway, I hope this helps. You should try the other video's as well. They are good workouts as well...although longer. They both have a warm up and cool down and then three segments...the first one is 20 minutes, then the next two are ten minutes. I hope this helps! Good luck!
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! I usually try to do 20 minutes of yoga before I do the Shred, and it helps alleviate some of the soreness afterwards. I've been doing the Shred for 5 days now, and I can already see a difference. It is amazing, and I'm only doing it with 3 lb weights! I also have Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones which I plan on doing daily once I finish the Shred.