How long to start seeing stomach definition?

Options
Lets say I was already quite slim, 5'2 and 110 pounds, and I start doing ab workouts & upping my protein intake, how long will it take for me to start seeing definition in my stomach? I'm planning on doing something like 200 reps of various types of crunches (traditional, bicycle, toe reaches, oblique crunches), divided into multiple sets of course, Every other day, like religiously.

I'm 121 right now, but I'm well on my way to losing these last 10ish pounds (I'll give it another month & a half?) Then I'm going to start really focusing on defining my stomach.

Replies

• justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Would LOOOOVE to hear the answer to this. I'm in a similar boat as you OP. 5 feet, CW 122, looking to be 115-110. I feel like my belly has not gone anywhere yet. Jeans are fitting better, jackets are fitting better, shirts still stretch over the belly. I do yoga 2x a week, and 30DS 2-3x a week, as well as live a relatively active lifestyle (walk everywhere). I'm hoping my last few lbs are belly only, but something tells me this is not going to happen.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I get to that point...
  • njitalian
    Options
    The key to getting your abs to show is getting your body fat percentage low enough for them to show. How low is that? That would vary by individual.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It is not about your weight, it is about body fat percentage. Here is information about body fat % and what look you might have at what body fat %:

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You can do ab exercises all day and you won't see definition unless you lean out. And that doesn't just mean starve yourself down to 110 lbs. You have to get your body fat % down without losing muscle. It's more than just dieting.