I need motivation! Help!

Options
I've been on this site for a while and I have had slight weight loss. But I have days where I really, really, slack. I'm trying to lose weight to lessen my back and hip pain and to decrease my health risks. I think that maybe I could keep on track if I had people commenting on my progress. Can anyone help?

Replies

• SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend joining some of the challenges set by people (2lbs by Halloween, 20lbs by Christmas, that sort of thing). Stick with it, friend some of the people and make a point of trying to achieve those goals. I know I'm only a newbie here, but I'm setting off as I intend to continue
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    First of all, good for you to reach out for help. That's not easy.

Secondly, SteveK279 has a good point. Having a plan and having accountability is necessary. If you can't be accountable to yourself, find yourself someone you feel obligated to remain accountable too instead. Challenge Groups are great for that. I worked on weight loss all on my own for nearly two years with varying success. Unfortunately, I almost always gained weight back over time. However, in the last year I've gotten plugged in to some groups that are steadfast and just as committed as I am to becoming and staying healthy. So read some profiles of people who have had sucess and ask questions about how they got there. Do as they do (if it's healthy), and ask for their support.
    And try to be patient... just as the weight went on at different rates, it will come off at different rates too :)

Best wishes!
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am very serious about losing weight. If you would like support feel free to add me.
  • AngieBee67
    AngieBee67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also serious about losing weight. I've even come to the point where I LOVE working out. Add me if you'd like. I LOVE motivating people because I have had my struggles but know I will reach my goal. If I can help someone or more along the way, even better.
  • nationalparklover
    nationalparklover Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    One thing that I did was add people as friends that I came across who were successful on MFP or anyone who seemed supportive. The more friends you add, the more people you will have that will comment on your posts. I don't just add people to add them though, I had to feel some sort of connection with them.

Good luck!
  • 35khris
    35khris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me!!....More friends = more support!!