Olives - good or bad fats?

Options
What are your thoughts about Olives? are they in the good or bad fat category? :smile:

Replies

• Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    They are in the delicious fat category!
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love olives, and I did abit of reading about them. They do have alot of fat, but it is the good kind of fat.. Unsaturated fat! :)

It said it was good to eat it, but not to eat too many! (If you are eating it alone).. Also you have to look at what they are in, if it is saltwater or oil! The best kind of olives for you are the ones in water. Not the ones in salt or oil, and not the ones that have a filling of any sort!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Definitely in the good fat category. Though it is alarming how quickly you can stack up cals with a tiny portion so just keep an eye on it.
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    they are in the good fat category. however, if you are like me and love olives way too much, you have to be careful cause they do add up!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to the question, but all I know is that I am the worst Greek guy ever. I HATE olives!!
  • Goonygugu
    Goonygugu Posts: 114
    Options
    I love my Olives - espcially the ones stuffed with pimento..... can quite happily eat a whole packet one my own.

Will need to keep a sharp eye on the cals :)