bump
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bump! :happy:
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Title is a little misleading to me. Sounds great but, there are no Reese's Pieces actually in it? I got all excited about me some Reese's Pieces.Should say Faux Reese's Pieces Protein Shake.Recipe sounds great though.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Promasil powder is great, got it at GNC. It has 90 calories per scoop, i believe its 20 grams of protein and 5 gram of carbs. I paid $55 approximately for a huge jug of it, but it also comes in a half size for around 25 or 30.
  • meglet175
    Options
    I make a shake like this every morning, but I also toss in half a frozen banana (peel and halve BEFORE freezing!). Yummy, yummy! Channeling my inner Elvis...
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing :-)
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    which pb2? i have both! the chocolate powder or just the peanut butter powder?
    ...and i'll probably try it with a full scoop of protein powder tomorrow morning. yeyaaaaah!
  • queenbeeq
    queenbeeq Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    which pb2? i have both! the chocolate powder or just the peanut butter powder?
    ...and i'll probably try it with a full scoop of protein powder tomorrow morning. yeyaaaaah!

I use the chocolate one but I'm sure the standard peanut butter will taste just as good! :)
  • crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Creamy peanut butter works too!

I make something very similar:

1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
    1/4 cup water
    1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
    3/4 scoop of chocolate protein powder
    5 ice cubes

I crave it every day!

EDIT: For a thicker, smoother consistency, add 1/2 banana. (If you're trying to cut back on carbs, then skip the banana.)

This sounds yummy!!
  • twentyjxthree
    Options
    I love Reeses Pieces so much... mostly because they have no chocolate... Reese's Pieces are candy coated without the chocolate, say that M&M's have.

With that said... I have tried to make a variation of my own.

I have found that Sugar Free Butterscotch pudding mix (just a few teaspoons) with GNC's Caramel Fudge Whey Protein tastes amazing. Add the PB2 and make magic happen ;)
  • crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Creamy peanut butter works too!

I make something very similar:

1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
    1/4 cup water
    1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
    3/4 scoop of chocolate protein powder
    5 ice cubes

I crave it every day!

EDIT: For a thicker, smoother consistency, add 1/2 banana. (If you're trying to cut back on carbs, then skip the banana.)

This sounds great as well! I'll have to try it :)

I have a love affair with peanut butter...

I have a love affair with peanut butter too!! Sometimes I just eat a spoonful of it because nothing else satisfies the specific craving!
  • ejbraun
    ejbraun Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    I make basically the same exact shake (I use a different protein powder- Biochem chocolate) and it IS delicious. I love PB2! And I love the PB/choc combo!
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    sounds AMAZING!!!! Thank you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I know what you're thinking... "Reese's Pieces? This is going to be PACKED full of calories."

On the contrary. It's only 160cals for a little more than 8oz and has 17g of protein!

Here's what you need:

2 tbsp of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use MyoFusion Milk Chocolate)
    1 cup of milk (I use almond breeze - vanilla, unsweetened almond milk)

I like to blend mine with ice so that it's more like a milk shake but it tastes just as great without ice!

Enjoy, it's the most amazing protein shake I've ever tasted!

This sounds amazing!!
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. Me and my roommate call the tread "Screw that shake I want chocolate cake"

We add things like a table spoon of sugar free pudding mix, or jello mixes, or even like extrats (like vanilla extra, almond, rum, walnut, pepper met, banana, ect)- and come up with fun flavor combos.

Did it the other day with sugar free black cherry in my choocolate protine with unflavored soy- bam, I had myself black forest cake.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    If you are using the MFP database where it says 140 calories for 4 oz., go to the the Hershey's site where it says 4 oz has 400 calories and your 8 oz would be 800 calories. Whoever entered 140 calories in the database was wishful thinking.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have this daily for lunch. It doesn't taste like reeses pieces, but it's tasty
  • nyla23608
    nyla23608 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump. I can add this to my other protein shakes just to change it up a bit. Thanks for sharing!