Not all NSVs are good...

Options

Replies

• wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I brought a lovely dress from Whistles in the spring and when i wore it a few weekends ago it was like a tent!!! going to try and get someone to take it in for me as i really like it
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    My pants are constantly falling down. This was once an NSV for me because I'd never needed a belt before .. Buuttt, some of my work pants (which is what I wear almost everyday) don't have belt loops which means no belt.
    This is my problem too, my work pants (which I also wear 5-6 days of the week) don't have belt loops and they are constantly needing to be pulled up! I'd hate to have to buy a million more pairs of work pants.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options

My pants are constantly falling down.

This happens to me at the gym!! I have to keep pulling them up when I run on the treadmill. :laugh:
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of my wedding band getting loose :(

I think i will have to buy it again if it stops fitting me...

It was a tiny bit too small to start with, now its comfortable and i just hope my fingers dont shrink too much...
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE pair of skinny jeans are too loose after one wear instead of 3 or 4, now, and I can't afford to do laundry that much! That being said, I wouldn't mind if it weren't 32º and snowing outside, requiring me to wear some kind of skinny pant leg to wear big boots overtop. I feel your pain! I've actually lost two rings that were dear to me, though only one due to my fingers being smaller. That being said, my ring size was always 7-8 and that's rather big for a 5'3 girl! Now that I'm a 5-6 I feel much more elegant. :3 *end randomly long rant*
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    All of the weight I've lost appears to be from my butt and thighs...and NONE from my belly. So all my pants are waaaayyyy too big around everything but my waist...it's nice to have some extra room, but I can't fit into the next size down! :/
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I look like a hobo in my winter coat from last year, and I wasn't planning on buying a new one for at least another month, but I'm FREEZING! :sad:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Clothes! I made several sweatskirts (long skirts made out of sweat pants) and now they are literally sliding off of me. They are so comfy, I just adore them, but now way too big. If I alter them it will ruin the stretchy waist. I don't want to make more until I hit my goal weight, which is 48 pounds away...blah.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing my wedding and engagement ring on my middle finger for the last month :cry: Until we have the money to get it sized, and until I decide that I am 'small enough' :wink: it will have to do. My husband doesn't love that it is not on my ring finger but happy that I am still wearing it and haven't lost it.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I lost favourite ring today! Damn, I knew it was getting loose... Anyone else with *annoying* NSVs?

I did that too! A few years ago ... my engagement ring ... $10,000 ring slipped off in some wrapping paper in the bottom of a trash bag. We narrowed it down to that being the ONLY place it could be, and since we had taken the trash out to the big dumpster earlier in the day, my husband jumped into the dumpster, dug around and found OUR trash (yes, it was gross) and there, in the bottom of the bag, with some broken glass, was my ring. So LUCKY to have found it and to have a husband that would root around in a dumpster LOL! I hope you find yours.

Well, if I had paid $10,000 for an engagement ring, you can bet I'd be rooting around in the garbage to find it, too. LOL :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Freezing and being in the unholy world of 'Between plus size and not.' FML. LOL

Both of these. Plus sizes are too big in most stores, but some cute, trendy stores, the biggest size is too small. GRR! :explode:
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Most people would say this is good but it is damn annoying ..

My pants are constantly falling down. This was once an NSV for me because I'd never needed a belt before .. Buuttt, some of my work pants (which is what I wear almost everyday) don't have belt loops which means no belt.

I find it frustrating and am VERY self conscious about having to yank up my pants every time I feel them slip or get up from a chair - UGH!!

I know the solution - go buy new clothes but my whole plan was not to spend money during my "transition stage" and go wild once I hit goal weight!!! *end rant*

Thanks for the awesome thread ;) And I'm so sorry to hear about your ring!! I stopped wearing mine due to the same fear..

I actually just had to do this. My pants are always too long, so my mom suggested taking a little fabric off the bottom and sewing on my own belt loops. This way, they match my pants and everything. I literally have zero extra income to buy new clothes, so this was a big help.
  • haffeyl
    haffeyl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is a great weight loss. Congratulations!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've spent A LOT of money having to update my wardrobe over the last year - and I'll have to do it again next summer.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Freezing cold all the time

Ring had to be re-sized because it just kept flying off

All my old clothes are too big. I bought a few 'interim' clothes but now they're too big. I'm still dressed like a clown at work

My shoes are loose

Loving every minute of it :bigsmile:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    FREEZING!!! All the time!

This. I'm so freaking cold all the time :/
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just dropped off 4 pair of slacks at the seamstres yestereday to have them all taken in. Only $10 a pair and it'll be like a new wardrobe. The good thing....I'm in between sizes anyways so these will actually fit.

I just had my wedding band downsized a few months ago. I'm now a 4.75!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    I lost favourite ring today! Damn, I knew it was getting loose... Anyone else with *annoying* NSVs?

i lost..i mean LOST my wedding ring about a year ago..it slipped right off my finger and disappeared..i think it fell into a backpack or something and was accidentally pulled out and fell on the floor at school by one of my kids :cry:
  • titanium2012
    Options
    I took off all of my rings about a month ago after one fell off in the car way too easily. I'll wait until I'm close to my goal to get them resized so hopefully I'll only have to do it once.

The clothes thing can be kind of annoying money-wise, but think of the money you're saving long-term because you're improving your health.
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    -Being cold! (my fingers mainly)
    -Having to buy 3 different wardrobes on my way down the sizes
    -I actually spend (waste) time trying on different clothes in shops to find out which i look the coolest in lol (used to be, yeah ill have that, i look same (fat) in everything)
    -Skinny peoples clothes cost way too damn much
    -oh and answering the questions, "wow how much you lost now? and "what did you weigh and what do you weigh now?" these were good NSVs that people noticed and took interest in my achievements, however after the 1000th time, it becomes abit of a gripe lol

all of these are nothing though.... cos i love been a skinny Stu :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!