Anybody do IF? How do you do it, and is it working for you?

Options
Subject pretty much sums up my question. :smile:

Replies

• JenW1973
    JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    And IF means.....?
  • kevokie
    kevokie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it since the start of this week. I'm not really following any strict guidelines. I'm striving for a 14-16 hour fast with 8-10 hour eating window. I like it so far. I typically just skip breakfast because I am never really hungry in the morning...except today. haha. I try to start eating around noon and finish by 8pm. It works out great with my work schedule. I work as a paramedic and never know when I will be able to eat, but when I do, I can usually load up...within my daily calorie limit of course. I'm also doing it in conjunction with a keto lifestyle. I like it, it works for me so far. Good luck!

Edit for definition of IF. Intermittent fasting.
  • ainesis777
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    I invite you to check out/ join my group if you are serious and want to lose fast. We are about to embark a 21 day journey. The name of the group is Never the same-Bizzy Diet/exercise program. I have a specific workout regimen to do at home and the eating can be modified to your budget. I would love for you all to join. In turn you motivate me!!! :) my brother has transformed his physique with these exercises so I know it works. Now it's our turn!!!! Yeah!!!

Reveal your inner hotness!!M!!!M
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    I do mine a bit differently than most. Still fast the 16 hours, but i get 80 to 90% of my calories in before my night time workout. Never a big eater after a workout, just really want to go to bed.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I dont really time it, but I eat my calories later in the day and love it...it works for me.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Loosely, yes.

IF, combined with calorie cycling, was the best change I've ever made to diet. Everything that I was struggling with: vegetable intake, cheat meals, and satiety became much less of a struggle.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It makes calorie counting easier for me, I just eat larger 2-3 meals a day and no snacks I fast from 6pm - around 11am and sometimes I do 24 hour fasts
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I suppose I IF... I don't eat after 6pm and normally eat again around 11am the next day?

Cool