star wars is now owned by disney..

Options

Replies

• zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    guys.. disney owns marvel.. who here things avengers sucked?

Its just disney owning the pie.. but it will be its own business unit within disney.. im stoked.. i think the new stuff will be golden!

This was my reaction except for my CGI fears.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    YUSSSS! Even more chit will be marketed to my 9 year old son now! WOOOOOO!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I never thought much of Star Wars in the first place, a load of hype over not really very much. In my opinion.

I've watched the first three several times, been subjecyed to the last three, and couldn't give a monkey's about the next three.

They're my thoughts lol
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I think this is just one more phase in Disney's diabolical plan to take over the entire world and then unleash their army of zombie mutants to destroy the earth. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    George Lucas was solely responsible for Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and the latest Indiana Jones movie being incredibly awful. Disney, on the other hand, has a better track record with better movies. Prepare for Star Wars Episode 7!

Plus, this relationship makes it possible for a Marvel/Star Wars crossover event.
  • maerieanne
    maerieanne Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Maybe they will cut Jar Jar Binks.

am I the only one that likes that guy?? hahaha
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm cautiously optimistic ...

^^This
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options

Yes, you are.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it's awesome. I can't wait to see Vader singing Be Our Guest.
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The end of the world is near.... :sad:

^ this.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Plus, this relationship makes it possible for a Marvel/Star Wars crossover event.

Thor vs. Vader? The Empire tries to colonize Asgard?

Wolverine vs Darth Maul?
    Iron Man vs Droid army?
    Bobba Fett vs Punisher?
    Mace Windu vs Nick Fury?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I think its a good thing. They'll monopolize and sell it further. Really, if you want a franchise to continue with healthy monetary value, getting Disney to buy you out is really hre best thing you can do. Good on Lucas Arts to sell the Star Wars Franchise to Disney. Now its backed with all the financial support it needs.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It wasn't already? I thought that's how Jar Jar Binks came into existence.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    three thoughts:

1. At least Leia is a kick *kitten* princess and could mop the floor with Snow White;

2. Disney has the resources to produce some amazing films, lets hope they assemble (ha ha involuntary Avengers reference) the best of the best for episode 7; and

3. If they were to recreate episode 6 I bet the Ewoks would be even cuter!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Bring it on! My boys will be so excited. Heard it will be not just 7 but 8&9 eventually.
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Disney is making the 7th installment of Star Wars (from the reports I've read). The other 6 are not being remade (other than in the 3D form) and George Lucas will still have a say/part in the 7th movie being released in 2015.
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Yes, you are.

I like Jar Jar Binks :smile:
  • Murf1968
    Murf1968 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    leia.jpg&sa=X&ei=kz-RUKngJ8neqAG-yYFY&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGid7iXNr2WE2xMBIbXL6u-4jlBSA

disneyprincesses.jpg
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    My main thing to say to this : Prince of Persia....

In all seriousness, they haven't completely ****ed over Marvel but they want to redo episodes 4-6 into the originals that Lucas cut. JUST LEAVE STAR WARS ALONE!
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    They need to make the Admiral Thrawn trilogy that's true to the books with Jeremy Irons or Ralph Fiennes as Thrawn.

I'd sell my kid to see that.