Jillian Michaels - workouts

Options

Replies

• phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't have a measuring tape unfortunately however my jeans are definitely looser so to speak and I do see a difference in my middle, arms, and legs. Just wish the scale would show some type of progress. When I just simply walked 7 miles a day the scale moved but eventually stopped due to a plateau so then I went to Zumba which only got me down 10 pounds and then the plateau hit again and now I'm with Jillian :-/

I bought a sewing kit at the $store that has a measuring tape in the kit and took my SW measurements. I have been maintaining my current weight for about 8 days now...after losing only 8 lbs I begain to get discouraged. When I did my current measurements I had found I had lost 1/2 inch off my waist and 1/2 inch off my hips!!!! Big changes that did not show up in my number on the scale!
    Good Luck on your weight loss journey. I have asked for the Zumba for my pre-christmas gift! I have also looked into Jullians videos and Wii excercises. Keep Blogging and let us know if you do Jullians workouts how it is!
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Measuring tapes are available all over for about $2, Walmart, fabric stores, even the hardware store. Go invest in one. It will keep you from getting discouraged. YOu need to see results. Your clothes should also indicate that you are losing.
  • jhunny31
    Options
    Ok I will be purchasing a measuring tape for sure before I pull out my hair and just quit lol. Thanks for the motivation and tips. I was like wait a sec, why aren't I losing with Jillian. I mean her workouts are tough and they are IMHO very advanced. I also was even scared to start training with her but surprisingly enjoy it as she does an amazing warm up and cool down. Plus she's hard but in a good way and when I want to quit I hear her saying don't. Glad to hear other stories out there. I try to do at least 50 mins with her and when I did RI30 I combined it with Shred.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    She's good but think her warm up and cool down could be longer, I always do extra.
  • jhunny31
    Options
    You have no idea how many times I want to throw that thing out the window wooo saaaa.

Throw it out, throw it out!!!

Oh I'm tempted but its become an obsessive addiction to check it every single day :( lol

There a group started in the Motivation Forums starting a challenge to weigh yourselves today and then don't weigh yourself until December. I'm doing it to wean myself off of the scale. I would describe my obsession with the scale just like yours, lol!!!

I don't know if I could not step on the scale its like become a daily routine. I'll try lol
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes! I combined Banish Fat & No More Trouble Zones with a healtier diet and have lost 14lbs. I am getting more toned as well and have never felt stronger!
  • jhunny31
    Options
    Yes! I combined Banish Fat & No More Trouble Zones with a healtier diet and have lost 14lbs. I am getting more toned as well and have never felt stronger!
    '

How many months did it take you to do that?? Congrats :)
  • cinfaro
    cinfaro Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have lost 63 pounds using NOTHING BUT Jillian! She rocks! I own every video she owns!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 4 pounds in the first 10 days that I've done 30DS. I start Level 2 tomorrow. So far, I see more endurance and strength... so, it's definitely working. I haven't taken measurements yet, though.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Accumeasure makes a nice pairing of measuring tape, the MyoTape MT05 (which is a really nice design for a measuring tape), plus their AM-3000 Fitness 3000 body fat calipers, its on Amazon for a little over 9 bucks. --> www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VAPHXW/

Body fat and inches are a better measure of your weight when you are close to goal, you may have to adjust and decide on a bodyfat and measurement goal as that cannot lie to you.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Don't rely on scales they will upset you!

the scale is evil and will drive you batty!
    :devil:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Honestly I lost no weight with 30DS and only lost maybe 2 inches. Not sure whassup with that but I FELT stronger so I still think it was worth it.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    '

How many months did it take you to do that?? Congrats :)

2 Months!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hello :). I was wondering if anyone has had any success actually losing weight with Jillian Michaels? I'm becoming a bit discouraged because the scale just won't budge. First I lose 2 pounds, then gain 2 pounds. UGH. I know I'm not supposed to rely on the scale but gee its been a month since I've been alternating her workouts and still haven't lost any weight with her. I know something is happening because with each new workout I do with her I become extremely sore that its hard to sleep sometimes. I've completed both level 1's of RI30 and 30 day Shred. Have started Level 2 with both, I also have done all 7 circuits of No More Trouble Zone (actually been doing this one for 4 days now) and I've done 4 times of her Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism and the scale just laughs at me. So I'm really wondering if she works. Any advice will be much appreciated.

We lose weight by staying in a calorie deficit. How many calories are you taking in a day and then burning off. Working out is awesome....but as Jillian says herself.."you can eat your way through any diet". Weight loss is ALL about 'diet'!
  • jhunny31
    Options
    I have lost 63 pounds using NOTHING BUT Jillian! She rocks! I own every video she owns!

Congratulations. How did you alternate her workouts? What was your schedule with them? Very curious.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Did 30 day shred twice lost losts of inches.

Anyone doing Ripped in 30 for November can join my group 'Ripped in 30 November Edition!' workout starts tomorrow!
  • jhunny31
    Options

We lose weight by staying in a calorie deficit. How many calories are you taking in a day and then burning off. Working out is awesome....but as Jillian says herself.."you can eat your way through any diet". Weight loss is ALL about 'diet'!

It kind of varies you know what I mean. Like at times, well most of it I eat pretty well and I always eat breakfast, have something light and low in calorie for lunch and a sensible dinner (sometimes). My biggest problem was sweets. And I don't eat much of it accept for the holidays I tend to nibble more then usual around the holidays preferably December. NOW I have to be honest with you and myself, I was eating a little bag of chips during lunch for at least a week but only the chips and when I said to myself "ok chips though really" I stopped. I may have to get a food journal. Do you think Coffee is fattening? I increase my coffee intake during the holidays as well, Starbucks pumpkin spice latte (Tall) is no joke lol.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

It kind of varies you know what I mean. Like at times, well most of it I eat pretty well and I always eat breakfast, have something light and low in calorie for lunch and a sensible dinner (sometimes). My biggest problem was sweets. And I don't eat much of it accept for the holidays I tend to nibble more then usual around the holidays preferably December. NOW I have to be honest with you and myself, I was eating a little bag of chips during lunch for at least a week but only the chips and when I said to myself "ok chips though really" I stopped. I may have to get a food journal. Do you think Coffee is fattening? I increase my coffee intake during the holidays as well, Starbucks pumpkin spice latte (Tall) is no joke lol.

Lattes and Frappuccino's are my kriptonite! Holidays (especially Christmas) can be rough, I love Christmas cookies! If you're not logging your food I would start logging to keep a more accurate accounting of calories in versus calories out. Don't get me wrong I LOVE WORKING OUT. But I learned that it's all about what your eating! I still have treats (absolutely!!!) but I stay within my calorie goal.

And yes Jillian has great workouts - my favorite is Extreme shed and shred and yoga meltdown...killer workouts!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hello :). I was wondering if anyone has had any success actually losing weight with Jillian Michaels? I'm becoming a bit discouraged because the scale just won't budge. First I lose 2 pounds, then gain 2 pounds. UGH. I know I'm not supposed to rely on the scale but gee its been a month since I've been alternating her workouts and still haven't lost any weight with her. I know something is happening because with each new workout I do with her I become extremely sore that its hard to sleep sometimes. I've completed both level 1's of RI30 and 30 day Shred. Have started Level 2 with both, I also have done all 7 circuits of No More Trouble Zone (actually been doing this one for 4 days now) and I've done 4 times of her Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism and the scale just laughs at me. So I'm really wondering if she works. Any advice will be much appreciated.
    Are you logging your food as well? All the exercise in the world won't help if your diet is out of control.

In answer to your question, starting Sept 1 I've been doing Jillian Michaels workouts faithfully. I did all of 30 Day Shred and lost 5.4 lbs and 16", and for 3.5 weeks I've been alternating Killer Buns and Thighs with 6 Week 6 Pack and have lost 3.8 lbs and 2" with that so far (I'm almost 1/3 done with my program so I'm not stressing that I haven't lost much--I'm in my healthy range already, just trying to tone up). So with Jillian I've lost 9.2 lbs and 18" in 8.5 weeks.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I lost inches rather than weight...but I can definitely live with inches.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!