Reached my peak weight...please help!

Hi everyone. It has been a crazy year for me and I'm struggling with self-confidence in many categories of my life. Fortunately, one that I have the most control over is my health. However, I've been reaching all-new highs. I'm looking for people to praise me when I do well, but to call me out when I don't log in AND/OR don't finish counting for the day. I'll usually do well from morning to late afternoon, but then overindulge in the evening and not log my calories in. If you feel like taking on another friend and keeping me accountable to my goals, please add me!

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Simply put....

I live life by this Creed: Realize.Visualize.Choose.Act.SUCCEED.
    If you are unhealthy, it is because YOU CHOSE and ACTED to be unhealthy. Choices are abundant in every moment of life. The impacts of your actions, both consciously and sub-consciously, are what define your present being. You CREATE the present. Accept that the reason you are who you are is by your choices and actions, REALIZE. See where you want to Improve, VISUALIZE. Make the CHOICE to Change. Take ACTION upon the choices that lead you to SUCCESS.

Your either want it or you dont. Stop the excuses.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Mostly the same as Bold Change said. I checked your profile. You've gathered too many friends here and half of them haven't logged in for days or weeks. Do yourself a favor and unfriend them. From the rest of your friends, have none of them given you the help and encouragement you think you need? Do none of them comment on your food diary? Do none of them offer encouragement and call you to task when you slack off? Perhaps the bigger question is this: do you comment on their diaries and efforts? Do you call them to task when they slack off? Do you send private messages with more info about you and seek more info about them so you stand a chance of really becoming friends?

This site isn't a social site where the person with the most friends wins. Pick a few friends with whom you have something in common and eliminate the rest. Then make certain you comment and offer encouragement to everyone who is left on your friend list. If it isn't reciprocated, then you know it isn't a good match and you need to move on. Remember, you are here for YOU and only you can make this work.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Feel free to add me!!! I am a lot like you. I have the PM binges.

Welcome and good luck!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Hi everyone. It has been a crazy year for me and I'm struggling with self-confidence in many categories of my life. Fortunately, one that I have the most control over is my health. However, I've been reaching all-new highs. I'm looking for people to praise me when I do well, but to call me out when I don't log in AND/OR don't finish counting for the day. I'll usually do well from morning to late afternoon, but then overindulge in the evening and not log my calories in. If you feel like taking on another friend and keeping me accountable to my goals, please add me!

Good luck to you! Be patient with yourself and stick to what you've started until you have reached your goals. You can do it!
  • alikona22
    alikona22 Posts: 56 Member
    Mostly the same as Bold Change said. I checked your profile. You've gathered too many friends here and half of them haven't logged in for days or weeks. Do yourself a favor and unfriend them. From the rest of your friends, have none of them given you the help and encouragement you think you need? Do none of them comment on your food diary? Do none of them offer encouragement and call you to task when you slack off? Perhaps the bigger question is this: do you comment on their diaries and efforts? Do you call them to task when they slack off? Do you send private messages with more info about you and seek more info about them so you stand a chance of really becoming friends?

This site isn't a social site where the person with the most friends wins. Pick a few friends with whom you have something in common and eliminate the rest. Then make certain you comment and offer encouragement to everyone who is left on your friend list. If it isn't reciprocated, then you know it isn't a good match and you need to move on. Remember, you are here for YOU and only you can make this work.

Yeah, I just went through and weeded out a few. I'm trying to provide feedback and support to others as well.
  • StartingAtSixty
    StartingAtSixty Posts: 85 Member
    Amen!