Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred OR Les Mills Pump?

Options
So I'll be finishing up Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 in 10 days, and I'm not sure if I want to start 30 Day Shred.
I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight. I'm 132, and really don't care to be below 125. I mostly want to just reduce my body fat percentage (Currently 24%, would like to be below 18%) and get stronger and more muscle definition.

Should I go right to Les Mills Pump, or should I do 30 Day Shred first?
Most of the people I see doing 30DS are looking to lose a decent amount of weight, and I'm more interested in the strength/muscle aspect, though I do want to decrease body fat percentage.

Advice?

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear this also as i am nearing "One"Derland and im actually looking to lose body fat AND weight, so curious to see others opinions to help me determine which i should do first! :drinker:
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Even though Jillian is always saying, "come on ladies...."

I have done 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, I think 30 Day Shred is easier than the RI30. Cannot discuss Les Mills.

I like the convenience of Jillian's videos...bought 6 week six pack, going to try that next. I've heard it's rough, and if too easy for you, you can always increase the workout with weights.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Sounds like just might want to start lifting? I found RI30 tougher than 30DS so it might not make sense for you. I'm at my goal weight and am doing Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. It's more strength than cardio and kicks my butt every time! But....it is almost an hour long as well. I also have the New Rules of Lifting for Women and planning on giving that a go eventually. Hope this helps!
  • amandamcculloch
    Options
    I figure I'll do both eventually.

I mean, 30DS is on youtube, or at Target for $9. Maybe I'll do both, since Pump is only 3 days a week.

I'm bad at getting distracted and not finishing programs... it's taken me forever to make it through Ripped in 30 (Which I'll admit, tis just a very enjoyable program. LOL. Love me some Jillian, but I just can't fall in love with this DVD.)
  • amandamcculloch
    Options
    I've been doing NMTZ 2-3 days a week. LOVE IT. Hurts so good the next day. LOL.

Decisions decisions.
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of LMP - I love doing barbell work at home. It just makes me feel fierce. :-) Also, I do like that it is a 3-4 day/wk program, so I can add my own running or even do some of the LMP cario DVDs (Combat is totall the bomb!). I think if you are really wanting to focus more on the muscle definition and tone and strength of your body, this is a great choice. Here is a sample video I made of one of the workouts. :smile: http://youtu.be/7u6AG_0f_oU
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    There's also Chalean Extreme to think about