How did you do it?

Options
evelina90
evelina90 Posts: 19 Member
Seeing all these people who have successfully lost considerable weight is really encouraging!!! :smile: For all of us who are just beginning this weight-loss journey, what advice can you give us? What is your #1 tip? :smile:

Replies

• yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Don't let a bad day or two discourage you.
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    A lot of hard work and it is not a diet it is a life change.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    slow and steady. don't give up. commitment is the key.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I've lost 34lbs since June and my biggest tip would be to eat as clean as you can. If you eat junk, you'll want more junk. Just stay away from it as much as possible. Your calories will also go a lot further eating clean. I just stopped eating junk and I don't miss it at all.

Also, be patient. I only lost 2lbs in all of September. It will eventually come off if you keep doing the right things, so don't give up!!
  • emma110592
    emma110592 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I say be honest to your food entry, it is amazing the amout of food I was consuming. After being true to my food entry, I started seeing results. It is a life change. I feel better than I have in years. Diet and excercise are a daily routine for my success. Good luck in your journey.
  • Kyrogix
    Kyrogix Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For anyone starting their weight loss and fitness journey....just chip away at your lifestyle and exercise habits until they become habits. I look forward to working out everyday.....which is a big change from not working out in almost two years. Once it's a habit, the weight will come off, you'll feel better and better. Good luck to all!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin on.

And what you put in, you get out. BIG TIME on that one.

Can't complain too much about no results if you put in little to no effort.

At the very least 30 mins everyday of exercise, and lots of water. That be my top two.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Set a goal and goal for it... best advice....

Take each day as it comes, don't stress, if you need to eat junk, then set a "cheat" day to do so... Not saying eat everything you see kind of cheat day but like if you want burger king, or a pizza or to get drunk... things like that... Allowing every once a week or so makes it SO much easier to not care about the days your being strict...

I was at 93kg start of year after Malaysia holiday... Now am 63kg :) Of course give or take 63... I just reset my start weight as I kept at 64-67 for 2 months, now want to finish off my weight loss and get it over with... :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Do not let the scale dictate how you feel about yourself or the day. The body fluctuates naturally, so do not give up. One step at a time, one day at a time...

Remember you did not gain it in a day, you will not lose it in a day.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Work it in, or Work it off!:flowerforyou:
  • mleparton
    Options

Wonderful job!! And I just watched your video....You look Amazing!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Find exercises you enjoy, or at least don't hate, and do them regularly.

Don't try to be good 100% of the time. Stick to a healthy diet most of the time, and exercise regularly. But don't freak when you have a high calorie day or eat junk food or go a day or two without exercise.

Don't look for tricks or expect that eating or not eating <whatever> to do the work for you. Just eat right and exercise.
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options

Honestly & Totally Agree :):) Well Said:):) :flowerforyou:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anywhere near what I need to yet... but, I'm on my way... and I am not turning back this time.

For me... it's all about realizing that it's NOT a diet. It's a lifestyle change. I can still have things I like... I just have to use moderation and count calories. AND EXERCISE ALOT!!!! :happy:

You've got this though. Coming here is the first step.:drinker:
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The ONLY way to reach your goals is to REALLY decide that THIS is what you want for yourself. Realize only YOU can do it, but YOU can do it! And, try to exercise most days/wk. Good luck!!
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • sazzydee1
    Options
    Use digital kitchen scales to weigh everything accurately.
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't make changes you can't live with for the rest of your life. If there is something you have to have build it in... Work out, work out some more and challenge yourself to do things you never thought you could/would. Couch to 5K was mine and now I am running for the first time in my life and I hated to run... Set small goals, making them feels great but know your long term goal. And remember how to eat an elaphant.... one bit at a time. Change won't happen overnight. This is a marathon not a sprint!!
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options

this + hard work and dedication!!

you have to stick to it every day is a new day yes, but being true to your goals and not allowing yourself to cheat (that often or unless u earn it with exercise) is the only way to truly be successful and stay successful once you've reach your goal weight! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!