Help need breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• NVM87
    NVM87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I normally accompany my breakfast with a protein shake and that gets me going to lunchtime
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I always eat a nice, big breakfast, and it is never cereal.
    Almost always there is a steamed vegetable, scrambled egg with cheese, greek yogurt.
    Sometimes fresh tomato, onion, avo with the eggs.
    Usually decaf coffee/milk/halfnhalf

This morning it was gourmet pancakes...don't usually eat breads at breakfast.

I eat about 1800 cals/day:)
  • lumberjack2001
    Options
    I usually have 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites scrambled with frozen spinach (heat up first then pour egg mixture on top), mushrooms, and/or salsa plus either Coach's Oats with flaxseed, wheat germ, and a little vanilla or 2 slices of Ezekiel bread toasted with ICBINB Spray. Both fill me up for about 3 hours and then I eat a snack or lunch depending on what time I got out of bed.
  • Timmi1978
    Timmi1978 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Quinoa with one tsp of sugar and cinnamon... Awesome.
    I second that! Also perfect with some tofu inside! You could also replace the sugar with honey.

Tim
  • letlethugo
    letlethugo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    try scrambled egg with veggies in it...
  • KRG72
    KRG72 Posts: 9
    Options
    Take a tuperware container, or something like that, any shape. Spray lightly with Pam or other NON-stick spray, scramble up 1 or 2 eggs. Microwave for no more than 2 mins cooks eggs throughly and with no added fat. It will fluff up while cooking, but go shrink down some after.
    Match containers when making sandwiches, IE... Bread, or English Muffin.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My new go to breakfast are crustless quiches. I make up 10 or 12 on Sunday night and put them in the frig so I can grab 2 every morning. Low calorie, filling and super easy.
    WOW that sounds great would you share the recipe?

I have a large size silicone muffin pan. I crack one egg into each cup, then you can add whatever you want to. I usually add a little grated cheese, maybe some diced onion & pepper, few bits of chopped ham or leftover bacon, or whatever suits your taste. I like salt and pepper as well. Take a fork and stir each cup then bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until they aren't runny. They pop right out of the silicone pan and I put them 2 at a time in containers to grab and go. I did try them the first time in a regular muffin tin and they were hard to get out.
  • HollyEvans84
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. So egg whites are better than whole eggs? Does it really cut the calories? I do eat the Special K cereal. Honey oat is my favorite. I tried two fried eggs in Pam with once piece of honey wheat toast plain. I assume the protein fills you up better than if I ate cereal.

Yes egg whites are better than a whole egg. The yellow part of the egg is where the cholesterol comes from so its better to use 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, rather than using 3 whole eggs. Its a simple way to cut down on cholesterol. Starting your day off with a good amount of protein is going to be MUCH better for your body than just cereal. Cereal is not a good breakfast, it really doesn't matter what kind it is. Cereal does not give your body a good amount of protein. You should honestly be getting an equal amount of carbs and protein in the mornings to get you off to a good start. Too many carbs in the morning (cereal) causes your brain to be foggy and it doesn't give you energy, it can actually cause you to crash and not have any energy. This is why people drink so much coffee, they fill up on carbs then their body crashes so they pump it full of caffeine trying to get going. I try to keep my carbs at breakfast around 24 grams, anymore than that and you will feel sluggish.
  • momo62463
    momo62463 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    oatmeal and sweetened condensed milk that is my thing it keeps me anywhere from 3 to 4 hours full
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The yellow part of the egg is where the cholesterol comes from

Which is only a problem if you have a problem with cholesterol to start with. The average person doesn't need to avoid egg yolks and that's where most of the nutrients are. At 70 calories you won't get a much better food than eggs.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    You could make a parfait with Greek yogurt, berries, and granola.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    the best thing in the morning is protein ....................NOT CARBS.......BACON, EGGS, SAUSAGE :-D
  • joramaker
    joramaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • holylucy
    Options
    Thanks for this great breakfast idea! Sounds like something I would use but with egg whites only. Think it wil cook the same?
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My new go to breakfast are crustless quiches. I make up 10 or 12 on Sunday night and put them in the frig so I can grab 2 every morning. Low calorie, filling and super easy.

Yes, please!
  • DerbyZebra
    Options
    Here's one I came up with.

One egg and spinich cooked into a small omelet. Put that on a toasted low calorie english muffin with a few slices of canadian bacon. 2 oz of Boar's Head Canadian bacon is about 70 calories, and that's a good bit of it. You can easily use half that. Overall it works out to about 250 calories.
  • DerbyZebra
    Options

I have a large size silicone muffin pan. I crack one egg into each cup, then you can add whatever you want to. I usually add a little grated cheese, maybe some diced onion & pepper, few bits of chopped ham or leftover bacon, or whatever suits your taste. I like salt and pepper as well. Take a fork and stir each cup then bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until they aren't runny. They pop right out of the silicone pan and I put them 2 at a time in containers to grab and go. I did try them the first time in a regular muffin tin and they were hard to get out.

This is an amazing idea.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yannuzzi
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit 2XProtein greek yogurt (80 calories) and fruit....typically a banana for me (90 calories). 170 calorie meal and it keeps me full till lunch usually. If not, I add an apple about 1/2 thru (another 65 calories or so).
  • HollyEvans84
    Options
    The yellow part of the egg is where the cholesterol comes from

Which is only a problem if you have a problem with cholesterol to start with. The average person doesn't need to avoid egg yolks and that's where most of the nutrients are. At 70 calories you won't get a much better food than eggs.

Your exactly right! That is why I suggested 1 whole egg with 2 egg whites. Your body still needs cholesterol! ;) I agree though I think eggs are definitely the way to go for breakfast!!! And there are SO many options as to how to cook them!