plateau'ed?

Options
I have been losing weight consistently for about 2 - 2 1/2 months, this week and part of last i only showed a loss of .5 lbs, still running 4-5 times a week and a 1200-1700 calorie diet.

Any ideas on breaking this hump should it continue?

Thanks!

Replies

• jaysen05
    jaysen05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello- you may want to reduce your calorie intake.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

I would suggest the opposite, 1200 calorie minimum is typically for women, men I believe should have a minimum of 1500. Make sure you are eating at least most of your exercise calories, and maybe try changing up your workout routine, try adding in resistance training and shorten your running distance but increase intensity.
  • samwal81
    samwal81 Posts: 40
    Options

I totally disagree!

I suggest maybe adding in a couple days of resistance/ weight training. Building some muscle will help reduce fat.
  • h3ktlk
    h3ktlk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ty for responses, yes i have been reading about increasing the calorie intake and strength training as i have just been doing a treadmill for 30 mins 4-5 times a week at home.

Just joined a gym this week so will have access to alot more options.

i started at 268 lbs down to 235 next goal set to 200lbs
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hey h3, I'm not keen on your running details but something tha tmight also help you break through is changing your treadmill routine. Changes in incline/speed can help kickstart that weightloss again. Thats the beauty of having a treadmill, need a quick hill to burn some serious calories... a few button pushes and instant hill!!!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    After doing the same activities for a while our bodies get used to them. Clue: it's not difficult anymore :smile: I've had to change things every couple months or so to get out of plateaus. I think you're on the right track - good luck! :drinker:

Ohh - too early to spell - must-have-coffee! :blushing:
  • h3ktlk
    Options
    Treadmill routine usually consist of intervals 2 on 2 off, 3 on 3 off. Occasionally hop back on the elliptical for a day.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Ty for responses, yes i have been reading about increasing the calorie intake and strength training as i have just been doing a treadmill for 30 mins 4-5 times a week at home.

Just joined a gym this week so will have access to alot more options.

i started at 268 lbs down to 235 next goal set to 200lbs

Wow, at your weight even for weight loss you should not be under 1800 calories before adding in exercise. I weight 138 and my maintenance calories are 1900, before taking into account exercise. Please eat more, much more.
  • h3ktlk
    Options
    yes sir! lol just playing but serious should i start up to like 2000 calories intake a day?

I will start taking in more as it seems to be the root of my problem... also what do you suggest for workout routine? 4 days of cardio and 3 days strength training? same days or opposite?
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This was a helpfull post, since i think i am getting in a plateau :noway:
  • h3ktlk
    Options
    quick question tho according to this site i should just be eating 1550 calories a day to equal to 2 lbs a week but everyone thinks other wise so is this site really accurate?
  • samwal81
    samwal81 Posts: 40
    Options
    I don't think this site is accurate. It says I should eat around 1300 calories and I usually eat between 1800-2000.

I recommend eating 5-6 meals a day consisting of 300-400 calories.