Carbs are NOT the enemy!

Options
2»

Replies

• majikkan
    majikkan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Atkins works on ketosis which while itself isn't bad, the level of ketosis the atkins brings about, is horrid and stupid and can kill you.. well it did kill the author, so there...
    That's not what killed Robert Atkins at all. He slipped and hit his head on ice. He died at 72.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Atkins works on ketosis which while itself isn't bad, the level of ketosis the atkins brings about, is horrid and stupid and can kill you.. well it did kill the author, so there...
    That's not what killed Robert Atkins at all. He slipped and hit his head on ice. He died at 72.

It was low carb ice.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

It was low carb ice.

PMP
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It was low carb ice.

The only kind of ice I allow myself to ingest.

Or hit my head on.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    ITT: Carbs are NOT the enemy (unless they are white carbs).

That's racist!
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My husband's doctor insists that people are fat because of carbs. He also says that calories in vs calories burned is not key to weight management. Funny how I lost 101 pounds watching how many calories I ate, exercising, and eating carbs. We get fat from eating too many calories. Moderation is the key to losing/maintaining weight and variety is the key to being satisfied and not binging IMHO.
  • DerbyZebra
    Options
    It's still calories in, calories out. What a low carb diet does is cut out a source of calorie dense foods. Keto, Atkins, and other low carb diets still work by reducing the number of calories you take in, but they do so in a way that still works to satisfy your appetite. If you eat a couple of slabs of bacon a day, you're still gonna gain weight and increase your risk of heart disease. Diabetes runs in my family, so I've made efforts to cut out "white" carbs by buying whole wheat breads, pasta, etc. Cutting calories has had the effect of also cutting carbs and increasing my fiber intake, but I still don't see carbs as the enemy.