October mileage totals

Options

Replies

• tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    90.4 miles for me in October, with 1 marathon, 1 week taper and 3 weeks of recovery.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    108 - running miles, not super high but coming back from a calcaneus stress fracture (mid July) so I am happy with the mileage progress, wish I could get faster sooner though, still sloooooooooooower than I was before. There are a few halfs in there, but they were more for training purposes not racing. ... except for the last one that was supposed to be fast but wasn't.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Ran 104.22 miles!!!:smile:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    340 mi run in Oct.

the beast has arrived!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    340 mi run in Oct.

the beast has arrived!

Very true, I would LOVE to see running speed and how it correlates to monthly mileage volume... anyone willing to share their progress in race times? (Including shorter races).
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    According to Fitbit, I've logged 152.2 miles this month! :bigsmile:
  • honeycat22000
    honeycat22000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did 114.15 miles! Woo hoo!

exercise.png
  • prrose99
    prrose99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Biked 354 miles ... I have a goal of 2500 for the year... I need to do 699 miles between now and 12/31!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    87 running miles, finishing up training for my Half Marathon this weekend.
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ran 74.5
  • henrei
    henrei Posts: 36
    Options
    I ran about 100 miles but that wasn't my plan. I usually do about 65 but I joined the club on MFP and it motivated me. I do about 6-7miles a few times a week. I will like to go faster and longer but damn, I'm so wiped after 4 miles, I just have to sit and rest for a couple of minutes before continuing. I wish I could get the stamina of some of you folks. Anyhow, slow and steady :smile:
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So glad u asked, I walk 60 miles a week! So that adds up to approx 240 miles for the month of October! ( My fitbit told me so!!!)
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    81 miles!!!!!!!!
  • QuietLegs
    Options
    96 miles running. Jeez, wish I'd counted more closely - could've gone for an even 100. Also, about 300 miles of cycling.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    340 mi run in Oct.

the beast has arrived!

Very true, I would LOVE to see running speed and how it correlates to monthly mileage volume... anyone willing to share their progress in race times? (Including shorter races).
    Last Nov I ran a Marathon in 3:50 then started higher mileage the following week. (I had done 280 in Oct and a little over 200 in Sep.) At the beginning of Jan after around six weeks of that I ran a 1:35 half marathon. Then I continued the mileage until April and ran a 20:10 5k. Up to that time I didn't do any speed training but did do weekly tempo runs starting towards the end of Jan Unfortunately, a few weeks after the 5k I came down with a case of plantar fasciitis and had to drop my mileage by 30%. Between that and the summer heat I didn't get my mileage back up above 300 until Sept. I have a Marathon on 10 Nov that will be the true test of this training method so we'll see how it worked in a week.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    110 miles!
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    113 miles on my stationary bike. I had to take a week and a half off due to being ill. :(
  • Runner_Bob
    Runner_Bob Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    103 for October! Great job everyone! Here's to November.
  • charleneagilmore
    charleneagilmore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I logged 60.5, starting on 10/7. My first month of running though, so I'm pretty proud of that effort.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    576.17 stationary bike in October.