HRM - polar FT4 or FT60?

Options
I'll be using it solely for measuring how many calories i burn for a workout. opinions please! :smile:

Replies

• 3Daughtersin2015
    3Daughtersin2015 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my FT4 best investment ever!
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If it's strictly for tracking calorie burn, I recommend the Polar FT4. I have it, and it works great! It's very basic, but I didn't need any special features, I just wanted to get a good estimate of what I was burning when I worked out.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    If all you want is a calorie measurement, then the FT4 is the basic model and will serve your purpose. I have the FT60 because it has the fit test on it for target range, and can be transmitted into computer and such. Added features that cost more, but sounds like that would be beyond the scope of things you would want to use it for :) So save the $40+ dollars and put it towards something else fitness related :D Happy calorie-burning!
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4! It's perfect for tracking calories burned and also tells when you're in your target range.
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    I fell in love with my FT4 <3
    It's easy to work with and has all the basic functions!
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    oh sure, i forgot: also it was the cheapest one haha
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yes =)
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Yes =)

I third this!!!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just got the FT4 this week and love it. It's an easy set up. It not only tells you your calorie burn, but will tell you how long you stay in your target zone, your average HR, and your maximum.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I love my FT60. I like all the extra features that it has. Best investment I made during this journey (that and my food scale!).
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    You have to pay for training features you might not want in the FT 60, but the calorie count feature can be a lot more accurate than the FT4. (I say "can" because the increased accuracy comes from knowing how to put in the extra setup info).

You might consider the FT40, which has the same accuracy as the Ft60 but is cheaper because it has fewer training features.

In general, getting an HRM just to count calories is kind of a waste of money, since they are not accurate enough to justify the cost. However, if you use the HRM to improve the quality of your workouts, then it makes sense.
  • mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You have to pay for training features you might not want in the FT 60, but the calorie count feature can be a lot more accurate than the FT4. (I say "can" because the increased accuracy comes from knowing how to put in the extra setup info).

You might consider the FT40, which has the same accuracy as the Ft60 but is cheaper because it has fewer training features.

In general, getting an HRM just to count calories is kind of a waste of money, since they are not accurate enough to justify the cost. However, if you use the HRM to improve the quality of your workouts, then it makes sense.

Does any of the ft models have step counter?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    FT60. I love mine. I have both FT4 & FT60, but the 60 wins easy. The fact I got more options & can add a GPS & footpod..... win.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Does any of the ft models have step counter?

That's one of the extras you have to pay for. Foot pod will tell you stride ect. I don't have that YET..... it's coming.... same with my GPS for it...as if I don't have enough things for my GPS already lol
  • mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

That's one of the extras you have to pay for. Foot pod will tell you stride ect. I don't have that YET..... it's coming.... same with my GPS for it...as if I don't have enough things for my GPS already lol
    [/quote]

so i would have to wear the foot thinky to track the steps?