Cellulite Reduction

Options
2»

Replies

• twonkieone
    Options
    This might be controversial, but all I can say is what has worked for me. First, I don't really believe that cellulite is simply fat under your skin and when you lose body fat, the cellulite will go away. I'm sure that's part of it, but I have less cellulite now than I did when I was 25 lbs lighter in college, and I promise that weight is not muscle..

I am almost finished with the Insanity workouts and they have significantly reduced my cellulite. I'm sure this has to do with really, really working the muscle groups that typically have cellulite over them: quads, butt, hamstrings, etc., so that has definitely helped.

Other thing that had serious results when I was doing it daily: loofah scrub. In the shower, scrub the affected areas with a loofah for about four or five minutes at a time, scrubbing pretty vigorously. The person who suggested this told me it breaks up the fat pockets and gets blood circulating in those less-well-circulated areas. (ETA: Sounds like crap to me, but the point is, it worked.) Anyway, after about a week or two of this, I saw very definite results. Again, I can only say what works for me, so good luck. Workout hard, both cardio and heavy lifting, and try the shower srub.

that's why so many miracle creams actual have some results -- it's the scrubbing that helps break it apart as i understand it
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do to reduce cellulite is continue to lose body fat.

Eat at a small caloric deficit and lift heavy/strength train.

There are products out there to reduce the visibility of them (dry brushing, buffing, moisturizers, etc.) but they will not reduce the amount of actual body fat you have.

Best of luck! :)
  • SaraBiston1
    SaraBiston1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is a natural condition many ladies experience as they age. Do some Exercises like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.

Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies natural waste system.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Tati from lovingfit had an interesting post on getting rid of cellulite a while back.

http://www.lovingfit.com/fitness/cellulite-how-to-get-rid-of-it/

Right now I'm still too far away from my goal to tell if this works, but this woman has the most envy-inducing backside so she must be doing something right!
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I started really taking my health seriously about 7 weeks ago, I usually run 3 days a week, and heavy lift r days a week. I also really started watching my diet. So far my cellulite has reduced by a significant amount. I wish I would have taken photos to show. I just believe it's all about a healthy diet and staying consistent with your workouts. Good luck.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    nashai01 wrote: »
    Cellulite is fat under your skin. You can't spot reduce so you just need to lose body fat.

Any suggestions on how to lose body fat? lol, sorry I have no idea

eat in a deficit to reduce body fat. keep training.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Cindym82 wrote: »
    Just keep exercising and eventually the fat will fall off. Don't forget you need to eat healthy fats in your diet to help lose fat and make sure you are getting enough protein
    Unless one is in a calorie deficit, even doing these won't help much. If one did these and ate at maintenance or above, not much would happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    This might be controversial, but all I can say is what has worked for me. First, I don't really believe that cellulite is simply fat under your skin and when you lose body fat, the cellulite will go away. I'm sure that's part of it, but I have less cellulite now than I did when I was 25 lbs lighter in college, and I promise that weight is not muscle..

I am almost finished with the Insanity workouts and they have significantly reduced my cellulite. I'm sure this has to do with really, really working the muscle groups that typically have cellulite over them: quads, butt, hamstrings, etc., so that has definitely helped.

Other thing that had serious results when I was doing it daily: loofah scrub. In the shower, scrub the affected areas with a loofah for about four or five minutes at a time, scrubbing pretty vigorously. The person who suggested this told me it breaks up the fat pockets and gets blood circulating in those less-well-circulated areas. (ETA: Sounds like crap to me, but the point is, it worked.) Anyway, after about a week or two of this, I saw very definite results. Again, I can only say what works for me, so good luck. Workout hard, both cardio and heavy lifting, and try the shower srub.
    Unfortunately topical scrubbing just inflames skin and though it helps to reduce the visual look of cellulite, it doesn't make it go away. These cells are GENETICALLY built into your system. Only way to get rid of them is surgery.
    That's not to say the look can't be reduced. Having lower body fat levels will reduce it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Madam65
    Madam65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jump on a trampoline. It helps to clear the lymphatic system and helps with circulation
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Exercise and burn more calories than you put in, that's the right way to burn fat..cellulite will never truly go away tho, so if you're hoping someone will come up with the magic answer for you, it's not going to happen. But on a positive note, just about everyone gets cellulite, so you aren't alone. xo
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Just wanted to reiterate reading this link. It by far gives the best info I've seen on cellulite.