LOOKING for serious weight loss friends

Options

Replies

• CortneyDub
    CortneyDub Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm also always looking for anyone who's serious, whether you're a professional or someone figuring it out, as long as health and fitness are a priority then we can help each other :)
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I think I've gotten everyone who hasn't already sent me a request.

Thanks.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I log daily, net at 1,800, and talk too much. Diary's open. Feel free to add me.
  • JMLowe84
    Options
    Hi, I read your post and thought I'd reply to you because I feel the same way you do. I don't have much support at home or among friends. Some how I have chosen friends that do not have issues with weight or need to diet. They can eat cheetos 24/7 and gain no weight. I can just look at the bag they are eating and gain 5 pounds. Anyways, I would love some support as well but wasn't brave enough to just put it out there as you have. I don't feel like I have much time for anything, I'm a working mom and a full time student. I feel like I have no time for anything but one of the classes I'm taking is fit and well for life and I have learned a ton in this class. The assignment we had this week has motivated me to get back on MFP and start again with keeping track of my food intake and exercise. I'm not sure how much I'll be exercising but I'm going to try to keep on top of the food tracking. If you're still interested in some additional support and new friends, I'm a pretty serious person. I can joke and laugh some but I'm serious about this and I hope that I'll be able to stick with it. I am the type that needs positive reinforcement and I'll probably be like you, seeking others like you and myself for support because those around me just don't get it. Let me know how I can add you or if you want to be friends. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of this program. :happy: Good luck with your weight loss!
  • Elaen
    Elaen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have three embarrassing questions, first, why do I need to eat more than 1200 calories? When I logged in and registered it told me to eat 1200 calories a day so I am trying to stick to it. Second, what is MRP?
    And finally, if I qualify may I also join in support? 
    Tks
  • Elaen
    Options
    *BLOND MOMENT* I just figured what MFP is lol sorry *blush*
  • rachyedwards
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've lost 54 and a half pounds, log in most days and eat over 1200 cals. I take my weight loss very seriously!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am on a high protein diet due to health issues that require it. But I love my carbs, and have learned to fit them into my daily food plan. I try to eat me fruits and veggies, but I do fall short in that area. I am on here everyday and have an open diary. Feel free to add me for support and motivation. My name is Kimberlee, 49.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent ;0)
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    You can all add me. I'm new but serious about weight loss. I am logging food everyday. I will show my food diary if I work out how....

It would be great for some motivation and encouragement on exercise. I am very serious about this at the moment. I am working out with PT twice a week and have started C25K on my own.

Oh and def eating more than 1200 cals a day.
  • cmkell87
    cmkell87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I log in daily and always track what I eat to keep myself accountable. It's always great to have supportive friends :)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have three embarrassing questions, first, why do I need to eat more than 1200 calories? When I logged in and registered it told me to eat 1200 calories a day so I am trying to stick to it. Second, what is MRP?
    Tks

MFP tells everyone to eat 1200 calories but in my opinion that's not really a realisic amount to keep you going through the day. If you look on the internet you can find a calculator that will give you a better figure to stick to, based on your age, current weight and how active you are. I'm 5'4, moderately active and work on around 1400 cals to help me lose the 18lbs I started off with. Since the beginning of September i've lost 7lbs which I feel is a good steady loss. Last year when I first joined here it took me a good 3months to lose the same amount eating 1200 cals
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sending you an add. My stats:
    4'11"
    Highest weight: 169 (12/1/11)
    MFP SW: 159 (5/14/12)
    CW: 143
    I eat around 1400 cals a day (depends on if I'm lifting or not that day)
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have logged in everyday since starting this journey in June and I have my diary open to my friends. Anyone and everyone is more then welcome to friend me and I will provide as much support as I possibly can!! :) Cheers
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am serious, supportive and sometimes a slacker (we are all human) - add me if you like!
  • cmcgaw08
    Options
    I think you are doing AWESOME! Stay encouraged!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Tks

MFP tells everyone to eat 1200 calories but in my opinion that's not really a realisic amount to keep you going through the day. If you look on the internet you can find a calculator that will give you a better figure to stick to, based on your age, current weight and how active you are. I'm 5'4, moderately active and work on around 1400 cals to help me lose the 18lbs I started off with. Since the beginning of September i've lost 7lbs which I feel is a good steady loss. Last year when I first joined here it took me a good 3months to lose the same amount eating 1200 cals

I met with a dietician and she said 1200 was way too low for an active/young person. You really need to do the calculations to figure out what you really need. TDEE and all that other good stuff!! I do mess with my cals / macros regularly though trying to find my "sweet spot".
  • cmcgaw08
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the advice...I will determine what is a healthy weight loss. Add me for support if you like!
  • Elaen
    Options
    Tks

AHH ok that makes sense. Will try find another more correct calculator. I am trying the "herbalife" lifestyle, which kind of feels to me like a high protien diet lol. Been on this for 4 weeks now.
  • momoftwo75
    momoftwo75 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm serious about weight loss, but I don't eat more than 1200 calories a day. I'm in the gym 5 days a week, doing cardio and resistance training - getting ready for my first fitness competition. Feel free to add me if you want.