NSV - stopped a binge for the first time

Options
DeTaart
DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
I've been struggling the last month or so with major binges (I don't mean an extra 500 cal, I mean 12 snickers bars and a pint of ice cream type of thing).

Usually, if I eat something unplanned and over my cals I just think "screw it" and go all out.

This morning, I was hungry after breakfast, I went for the weetabix (cereal) and ate 3 bowls in a row without thinking. Usually, I would then keep going - starting with healthy intentions but quickly getting out of control---fruit---yoghurt---cookies----pastries---chocolate---chocolate---ice cream----chocolate---candy
chocolate ETC!)

Instead, I stopped. Saw the binge coming, drank a litre of water and forced myself to wait out the painful 20 mins where all I wanted to do was stuff my face.

I'm not out of the woods yet, but I think I stopped it :)

Replies

• loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being able to stop your binge before it got out of control..........Great job:happy:
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    That's fantastic, well done! I know how hard it is to convince yourself that you haven't messed up your day by eating too much.
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yeah! That's great! Way to have self control!!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding your self-control! That's awesome!
  • Trudyr777
    Trudyr777 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! I feel your pain!! Keep up the good work!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Terrific job

weetabix ... though i can barely eat two!
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    good job, but a better way would be to not keep that crap stocked at home! it definitely helps, if you do not buy it, you will not eat it!
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    That is not just a NSV for you , but what inspiration in your post for everyone to see :-) awesome thanks so much for sharing!
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    good job, but a better way would be to not keep that crap stocked at home! it definitely helps, if you do not buy it, you will not eat it!

Thanks all!

I don't keep it at home at all, literally can't have it in the house. Vending machines at work are the problem. On a very bad day I've spent a fortune in those things...
  • Tazzymk
    Tazzymk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    good for you. Its so hard to stop isn't it? I've found increasing the amount of protein I have at breakfast has really helped me. The other thing I found that helps is to plan treats into my meal plan. Some dark chocolate to enjoy at the end of the day gives me something to focus on and look forward to. :laugh:
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    awesome job:flowerforyou:
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Thanks all!

I don't keep it at home at all, literally can't have it in the house. Vending machines at work are the problem. On a very bad day I've spent a fortune in those things...

then start a charity contest with some colleagues, I did that in the past, 1$ for anyone buying junk, 50c for taking the elevator 1$ for eating outside and another 1$ if you had a lunch. THen at the end of the year we gave it to charity,

Like that you are accountable for it and you're not alone in the process. We were 10 doing it for 2 years and that was really cool!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!