Need Motivation?

Having trouble with finding the motivation to get your workout in every day?
I've found that working out in the morning works best . If I wait too long or try to get it done at night, something always comes up. Either the kids have a project, laundry needs to be done or I’m just too drained from a full day of work!

-Try going to bed an hour earlier & waking up 45 min to an hour early to get your workout in.

-Set your workout clothes and shoes out the night before & put it next to the bed.

-This may sound silly but it WORKS ---> Find a picture of the body you want, print out 2 copies - tape one to your fridge & one to your bathroom mirror!

When you get up, you brush your teeth first thing, right? Instant motivation!
Open the fridge for a snack? See the picture & you’re more likely to pick something healthy over junk.
It’s a constant reminder of your goal and it will help you form that habit of exercise, it only takes 21 days! :wink:

Just some useful tips that have helped me along the way that may help someone else! : )

Replies

• Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Thanks for the positivity & motivation! :drinker:
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    "-This may sound silly but it WORKS ---> Find a picture of the body you want, print out 2 copies - tape one to your fridge & one to your bathroom mirror!"

I do...of Jennifer Garner... ;).

Nice post...great advice!
  • LOL Big D!!! Whatever works for ya hun! You are doing AMAZING BTW -- such an inspiration!!!
  • laffek
    laffek Posts: 20 Member
    I sleep in my workout clothes. No excuses.
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Great advice! I will be doing my search for a pic tonight, thanks!
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    I sleep in my workout clothes. No excuses.
    Hahaha! Now that is dedication! :)
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Just to set the REAL record straight...I do have a pic of me before the accidents when I was a mid 40s stud athlete on the fridge and in my bathroom...and as much as I think Jennifer Garner is beautiful...she pales compared to my dearest wife. Again...great post and was being silly me.
  • I sleep in my workout clothes. No excuses.

LOVE THAT! :happy:
  • i need motivation. just starting out and my mind wants to, but my body doesnt. just totally lost. i like that picture idea, maybe i'll try that and see if it will help.