First binge in a month and it's a bad one! :/

Options
Hi! :) My name is Jenny and I'm 5'5 113 (114 now probably...) pounds.

I'm not really new to MFP- I've been using the app on and off on my iPhone under a different account name for years, but I've never really needed the website before until today. You see, I've been binge free for about a month...and then today I binged :( really badly and mostly on the sweets I got from trick or treating last night...which is a lot of mars bars, lindor truffles, cadbury caramels and candy corns. I feel so bad right now and it's like I literally just ruined weeks of hard work and determination in one 4000 calorie binge. So if anyone would like to support me/help me get back on the right track I'd really appreciate it! <3 I don't think I can do this alone, you know?

Jenny

Replies

• Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    ooof!! That is a binge.....
    I have good set of friends who keep me accountable and support as well.
    If you wish to get involved, feel free to add.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi jenny who is 5'5" and 113 now probably 114 pounds....

seriously?

Here is your reality check.

You can afford to gain that pound. It's not going to make your thin self look bad. In fact you could gain a few more pounds and still be perfectly beautiful.

Forgive yourself and eat better today.

Michelle who is 5'2" and a beautiful 185.8 pounds and will never ever ever ever weight 114 pounds
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Jenny- did you really log every single thing you ate? Do that first before you freak- chances are it wasn't as bad as you FEEL.

FEELING the guilt of a binge is often worse than the binge itself. Don't mind f*** yourself.

And - put it in perspective. Move forward.
  • WinterChocolate
    Options
    gothicfires: Thank you for the reality check Michelle who is beautiful! But a binge is still a binge and I could use some support. I know I need the pound (and I don't do anything to try and get rid of it, I was 100 pounds a few months ago before my binging started) but I just WISH this wasn't the way I gained it if that makes sense. :) And I will eat better, but tomorrow instead, as today is almost over for me hahaha

jimalexlauren: You can say that again! Adding you
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Did you say you were trick or treating last night?
  • WinterChocolate
    Options
    Jenny- did you really log every single thing you ate? Do that first before you freak- chances are it wasn't as bad as you FEEL.

FEELING the guilt of a binge is often worse than the binge itself. Don't mind f*** yourself.

And - put it in perspective. Move forward.

I logged it AS I was eating it! I'll try :)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You were trick or treating at 18?
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi jenny who is 5'5" and 113 now probably 114 pounds....

seriously?

Here is your reality check.

You can afford to gain that pound. It's not going to make your thin self look bad. In fact you could gain a few more pounds and still be perfectly beautiful.

Forgive yourself and eat better today.

Michelle who is 5'2" and a beautiful 185.8 pounds and will never ever ever ever weight 114 pounds

I agree with you to an extent, but a binge is a binge - regardless of size. It's the way it makes you feel mentally, why you do it, and the impact it has on you that counts. Not your starting weight. I don't mean to be harsh but the tone of your post makes me question your motive for putting it up.

To the OP, why did you binge? Anxious, bored, nervous, stressed? Try and get to the bottom of that and don't dwell too much on the calorie count.
  • WinterChocolate
    Options
    awilmeri: Yes! Well actually it's called "trunk" or treating where I'm from. My school gets all of it's professors to set up their cars with the trunks open, and fill the backs with buckets full of candy for the students to raid. It's really fun! Why do you ask?

lauren3101: Basically what I told awilmeri. I love Halloween, don't judge me, okay?! Haha xD
  • kalimay2
    kalimay2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny, don't beat yourself up about it. Just get back on track starting NOW! Log on every day and enter EVERYTHING you eat. It really helps me keep in check just by seeing how many calories I'm consuming.
  • WinterChocolate
    Options
    To the OP, why did you binge? Anxious, bored, nervous, stressed? Try and get to the bottom of that and don't dwell too much on the calorie count.

Mostly because I'm anxious and stressed. And probably a bad answer here- Halloween. It's my favorite holiday and I always, always, always tend to pig out on it. Just normally not this much! Grr
  • WinterChocolate
    Options
    Hi Jenny, don't beat yourself up about it. Just get back on track starting NOW! Log on every day and enter EVERYTHING you eat. It really helps me keep in check just by seeing how many calories I'm consuming.

Hi! :) I'm trying not to but it's hard. I just want today to be OVER. I plan on starting to track using this account tomorrow as I don't think I could even bear to see today's giant mishap...can I add you?
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Mostly because I'm anxious and stressed. And probably a bad answer here- Halloween. It's my favorite holiday and I always, always, always tend to pig out on it. Just normally not this much! Grr

I hear you. Seasonal celebrations are an awfully convenient excuse at the best of times!

In terms of binges, I always call to mind two sayings to desperately try to stop myself:

- you can have what you want now, or what you've wanted forever

- restraint weighs ounces, regret weighs tons

And when words aren't enough, if I can I try and go for a quick walk - takes my mind off things and by the time I'm back the urge has passed.
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    hey jenny... 5'5" and 113-4? i really cant wrap my mind around how could you need to lose any weight on that? if you are freaking out just for the sake of eating healthy then the binge should not make you lose any of your habits. anyways if it were a one time thing you shouldnt smack yr head on it head tooo hard... you had it once you can be careful the next time :)
  • huggykpuma
    huggykpuma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The good thing, is you are saying it out loud, now move forward do not look back you will tackle this hill, go for an extra walk and just move, and breath you can and will do this
  • WinterChocolate
    Options
    mogletdeluxe: Haha yes, they are! Urgh I wish I could've went for a walk today! Thank goodness tomorrow's a gym day and I have something planned until 7 pm! That should help keep my mind off of food :D

bii14: Noo I'm not trying to lose weight!! Only be healthier :) and stop binging. I'll definitely try and be more careful next time, I'm a bit worried now though because once I binge once I'm very likely to binge twice. Thank you for your kind words!!
  • WinterChocolate
    Options
    The good thing, is you are saying it out loud, now move forward do not look back you will tackle this hill, go for an extra walk and just move, and breath you can and will do this

I hope that you're right
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Hi! :) I'm trying not to but it's hard. I just want today to be OVER. I plan on starting to track using this account tomorrow as I don't think I could even bear to see today's giant mishap...can I add you?

Perhaps you need to see a therapist and take a look at 1) why you did this and 2) why at your weight that you are worried about it.
  • WinterChocolate
    Options
    Perhaps you need to see a therapist and take a look at 1) why you did this and 2) why at your weight that you are worried about it.

I do se a therapist actually, just not for food and body image related problems. Maybe I'll bring it up next time though
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) My name is Jenny and I'm 5'5 113 (114 now probably...) pounds.

I'm not really new to MFP- I've been using the app on and off on my iPhone under a different account name for years, but I've never really needed the website before until today. You see, I've been binge free for about a month...and then today I binged :( really badly and mostly on the sweets I got from trick or treating last night...which is a lot of mars bars, lindor truffles, cadbury caramels and candy corns. I feel so bad right now and it's like I literally just ruined weeks of hard work and determination in one 4000 calorie binge. So if anyone would like to support me/help me get back on the right track I'd really appreciate it! <3 I don't think I can do this alone, you know?

Jenny

Seriously, Lindor truffles, mars bars, cadbury carmels? Not to make light of it, but I want to trick or treat in your neighborhood! Just know that going forward, you'll make better choices, you can leave them in the past.