STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIE!~!!

Options
ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
i've already had 3 today.... back away.....

Replies

• ellelit
    Options
    i've already had 3 today.... back away.....
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    GIRL PUT THE COOKIES IN THE GARBAGE!!!!!!! or accidentally step on them :)
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I used to lick a cookie so nobody else would eat it....didn't work! I guess a cookie outweighs possible germs in my family! :laugh:
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    throw it away.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Just stop buying them. If they aren't there, you can't eat them.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am the devils advocate here.....
    Just because I am not eating the same as my family, doesn't make it right for me to deprive them.
    Right now it's the holidays, could I make it into a "health fest."... Sure we all have the ability to do that, but I can't force my beliefs on others. I made brownies for my daughter yesterday, knowing full well that I would be eating some. Not cause I had to but because deep down I wanted one. So, I had to suck it up and tally the calories (let me just say...Holiday weekends are horrible for me calorie wise). It is showing me what my life was like BEFORE I kept track of everything and the stuff I ate adds up fast, no wonder I am fat! The whole weekend a splurge....and yes I hear you all thinking, "Just start over fresh..." I intend to, but I am not gonna totally destroy myself cause I had a brownie, an orange julius (those are killers too!), etc. Poor food choices, yes.... but they were mine to make.

Sure, I can sit here and say "toss em" or "ruin em" (which are great if you have the will power and don't mind hearing people complain about it). I won't though. If you have cookies there and choose to eat them....fine. However, make sure you are taking responsibility for it and keeping track so you can log it.

I've been reading on the boards and hearing how spouses, families, etc aren't supportive of "YOUR" (whoever it is) new lifestyle. The fact of the matter is that it's "YOURS" not theirs. If they want to eat stuff like that you have a few options.....not hang out with them, learn self-control (either by resisting or portion control), or have a "cheat day". Just because I need to lose weight doesn't give me the right to make others eat/live like I do. Would it be easier to do that, yes....but it's not fair to them.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. Sometimes the answer isn't as easy as just tossing stuff in the trash.
  • ellelit
    Options
    i dont buy them... they are at work. a whole tray of them in the staff room. i think my coworkers would be pissed if i threw them away. but my tummy hurts now, so i've learned my lesson...
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Not only should you throw them away, smash them up & empty the bag into the garbage so you're not tempted to rescue them! :bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    okay where was the post when I needed it over the weekend LOL...homemade hot chocolate chip cookies....ooooo so bad, and yet so goooooood! lol...

just writing this post helped ya ....admitting it his half the battle...its when you pretend you didn't have a cookie or two or three....that's when it gets into the "problem" stage LOL....

just step away slowly...three is not the end of the world....little more cardio tonight perhaps???

hugs!
    Ali