How to adjust calories for daylight savings

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This weekend, we move the clocks back for the end of daylight savings time. So we get an extra hour in the day. My TDEE is 2700, which is 225 per hour. So, should I add 225 more calories on that day? This calorie counting stuff is so confusing. Don't even get me started about all the halloween candy everybody has been slinging around, and thanksgiving coming up. I'm freaking out man.

Seems legit.

And what's with everyone saying they think this is a joke? Sounds like a bunch of mean people here to me.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    We change the clocks at 2 am. So it will be 1 am. So anything you ate between 1 and 2 am disappears. :bigsmile:
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    This weekend, we move the clocks back for the end of daylight savings time. So we get an extra hour in the day. My TDEE is 2700, which is 225 per hour. So, should I add 225 more calories on that day? This calorie counting stuff is so confusing. Don't even get me started about all the halloween candy everybody has been slinging around, and thanksgiving coming up. I'm freaking out man.

Seems legit.

And what's with everyone saying they think this is a joke? Sounds like a bunch of mean people here to me.

yeah everybody thinks they an expert i don't see no degree
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    yeah everybody thinks they an expert i don't see no degree

lawyered!

degree-deodorant.jpg
  • BadgerSensei
    BadgerSensei Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think a pangalactic gargleblaster ought to cover it one way or another, Zaphod.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lp621yu2mg1qctzgoo1_400.gif

LMAO - "These snauzeberries taste like snauzeberries"
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Get an extra hour of sleep and forget the small stuff!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lp621yu2mg1qctzgoo1_400.gif

lol
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    what if you go for a 45 minute run at 1:45AM on the 4th? you'll complete your run 15 minutes BEFORE you left to start your run! how do you log that? isn't minus 15 minutes of cardio the same as eating extra calories?

mind-blown.jpg

Lmaoo
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    what if you go for a 45 minute run at 1:45AM on the 4th? you'll complete your run 15 minutes BEFORE you left to start your run! how do you log that? isn't minus 15 minutes of cardio the same as eating extra calories?

mind-blown.jpg

eliotdundundun.gif

that just broke my brain
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    The math on this one is going to get way too complicated. I suggest moving to Phoenix where the dilemma of daylight savings time can be avoided altogether. Hurry. And goodonyou for thinking ahead!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Get an extra hour of sleep and forget the small stuff!

oh, right, sure, like i really want to keep my metabolism shut down for an extra hour.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    We change the clocks at 2 am. So it will be 1 am. So anything you ate between 1 and 2 am disappears. :bigsmile:
    By "diappears" do you mean turns into poop? I guess it doesn't really matter as anything eaten during that hour will magically have zero calories. But it's a technicality that I cannot ignore.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting on the fall back day.

you forgot wings
  • determined136
    Options
    ermahgerddddddddddddd irrrrdiottttttt

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^:bigsmile:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Seems legit.

It appears that you disagree with me, why do you have to be such a freaking bully?

myball.jpg
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting on the fall back day.

I read that as intermittent fisting, and was briefly frightened.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Seems legit.

It appears that you disagree with me, why do you have to be such a freaking bully?

myball.jpg

By MFP definition, if you disagree with me, then you're a mean person. (You're also a mean person if you call people names.)

Why don't you follow Thumper's mom's advice and don't say nothing at all if you can't say nothing nice? I think mean people like you deserve to be beat up and kicked off of the site and not allowed on the internet at all and lots of other bad stuff. Maybe then you'd think twice about being so mean. The world would definitely be a better place if we rounded up all of the mean people and separated them from the not mean people. Mean people are stupid dumdum heads.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Obviously you shouldn't adjust your calories.

This is simply a readjustment from when daylight savings started. Remember, you over ate a few hundred calories then. And now you're giving them back.

You had 6 months of extra weight you had to carry around (in the form of calorie surplus) and now you must return them. It was like an interest free loan.

It would be cheating to not give them back. Cheating physics! Haven't you heard of the the law of thermodynamics? Do you think you can create calories out of nothing? Calories are energy! It's science and you can't argue with science.

Why do you think you can steal those calories? It seems like you want to have your cake and eat it too.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    AJhc1.gif

THIS. ;)