Non-Scale Fail

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
So, we're always talking about our NSV's and our scale readings etc....but we all know that deep down, maybe not so deep actually, we have had sheer fails, BUT, they don't fail to be hilarious.

Here is my NSF for today. I'm clearly starting November off right!

This morning, I was eyeing up my favourite pair of pants. I was staring at them blankly, wondering if they'd fit. I figured, probably not, but what the heck, I was feeling skinny this morning. So, I grab up those bad boys & I march my *kitten* into the bathroom. I threw on spanx (because let's be real, these pants are painted on, on a good day, so the last thing I need are ripples) and I started to pull them up one leg. I started to worry around mid-thigh, but kept pulling. I eventually got them up and did the classic, lean back, suck in and pull up HARD to get them in place, before buttoning.....at which point, I completely wrenched my back.

I looked at myself in the mirror, laughing in pain & thought.........yeah, not today Ang.

I tell you though, those pants will fit......next week. I will make them. Hopefully this time with a little less back pain :D

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean. Although I was expecting it to end more like this:

"... I started to worry around mid-thigh, but kept pulling... at which point I ripped off my belt loops." :laugh:

Or am I the only one who's ever done THAT? lol :wink:
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to feel my outer thigh muscle by my knee, and now I can't. :(
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean. Although I was expecting it to end more like this:

"... I started to worry around mid-thigh, but kept pulling... at which point I ripped off my belt loops." :laugh:

Nope...done this to more than one pair jeans!!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Good lawd I know how that feels!! :flowerforyou:

My NSF was yesterday when I could. not. stop. eating. chips. Realized half the bag was gone. Whoops! Trying to be better today.

ETA: Although, now that I think about it, this probably correlates to a scale fail as well. :grumble:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options

You are NOT the only one to do that! :grumble:
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    Another fail of mine, which I absolutely love.

I do all of my workouts on a laminate floor in my basement, so during yoga & such, I use a mat.

The other night I was working on my abs and was laying on my floor, on my back. The routine called for "clock work" where you lay flat, put your feet up outstretched & move them around clockwise & counterclockwise. The entire time, the trainer (on the DVD) is saying "keep your lower back on the mat, don't pull too far off the mat" .........okay, okay.

I have a serious arch in my back, and I realized this even more so during this exercise. EVERY time I swung my legs around, even at a point where my back should STILL be making contact with the mat (it wasn't), it would lift up & upon coming back to meet the mat......my sweaty back & the mat itself, would FART.

It was like, the equivalent to an excersise queef.

Thank god I work out alone......because it was even distracting me.
  • Mpascarella90
    Mpascarella90 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I have so many pairs with ripped belt loops hahah!
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    haha I've totally done the whole ripping the belt loop thing... then you stick it back in the hole and continue on because they are still your favorite jeans! lol ugh funny story.. this made my day... I wanna hear all about them fitting next week girl! lol
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Awwww..........:flowerforyou:
    Same thing I experienced with my shirt which has balloon sleeves!!!!!
    But yes I know that I can wear it one day coz it's already belong to me and I was wearing it very comfortably!!!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    So, we're always talking about our NSV's and our scale readings etc....but we all know that deep down, maybe not so deep actually, we have had sheer fails, BUT, they don't fail to be hilarious.

This morning, I was eyeing up my favourite pair of pants. I was staring at them blankly, wondering if they'd fit. I figured, probably not, but what the heck, I was feeling skinny this morning. So, I grab up those bad boys & I march my *kitten* into the bathroom. I threw on spanx (because let's be real, these pants are painted on, on a good day, so the last thing I need are ripples) and I started to pull them up one leg. I started to worry around mid-thigh, but kept pulling. I eventually got them up and did the classic, lean back, suck in and pull up HARD to get them in place, before buttoning.....at which point, I completely wrenched my back.

I looked at myself in the mirror, laughing in pain & thought.........yeah, not today Ang.

I tell you though, those pants will fit......next week. I will make them. Hopefully this time with a little less back pain :D

"So, we're always talking about our NSV's and our scale readings etc....but we all know that deep down, maybe not so deep actually, we have had sheer fails, BUT, they don't fail to be hilarious."

LOVE your attitude and way of thinking and this topic!

Here's mine:

Yesterday, I'm hustling on my treadmill and stationary bike (doing as much as I could on one and switching to another without taking ANY breaks), listening to some serious jamming music and getting more and more pumped up listening. I was SWEATING like I stole something and I was so hyped, I attempted (miserably) to start "trying" to jog to the beat of one of the songs. Wow, EPIC MASSIVE failure. I so couldn't do it for more than a few seconds and I'm sure I looked like a complete dork (and a super round one/A>K>A> FAT one at that) PLUS I felt like my heart was about to bust outta my chest
    :laugh: :sad: :brokenheart: :laugh:

Yep, it was a major NSF...but one day I will be able to do it--just not now:ohwell:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Last week my coworker asked me "what that was on my front".

She thought it was a baby bump.

It was just my pudge. :-(
  • MissAnjy
    Options

"So, we're always talking about our NSV's and our scale readings etc....but we all know that deep down, maybe not so deep actually, we have had sheer fails, BUT, they don't fail to be hilarious."

LOVE your attitude and way of thinking and this topic!

Here's mine:

Yesterday, I'm hustling on my treadmill and stationary bike (doing as much as I could one one and switching to another), listening to some serious jamming music and getting more and more pumped up listening. SWEATING and I was so hyped, I attempted (miserably) to start "trying" to jog to the beat of one of the songs. Wow, EPIC MASSIVE failure. I so couldn't do it for more than a few seconds and I'm sure I looked like a complete dork PLUS I felt like my heart was about to bust outta my chest
    :laugh: :sad: :brokenheart: :laugh:

Yep, it was a major NSF...but one day I will be able to do it--just not now:ohwell:

Oh man, we've all been there eh? I have some MAJOR NSF's on treadmills too!
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    Last week my coworker asked me "what that was on my front".

She thought it was a baby bump.

It was just my pudge. :-(

On the bright side. You can get rid of "that pudge" in about 3 months time.....a baby bump is there a lot longer : )
    Keep truckin' girl & next time she asks what's on your front, it'll be the ripples of your abs through your shirt she's referring to :)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I don't really have many funny NSFs to share. Not that I don't have NSFs, just nothing that I can think of that would be funny to an outside audience. :)

But, what struck me about the replies here is the number of people pulling up their pants by the belt loops. I can't say I've ever done that before. I just grab the top of the pants and pull 'em up.

The only time I may utilize the belt loops is pulling them up if they are falling down as I walk or stand, but that's probably about 50/50 of loops and just grabbing the pants themselves.

Always interesting/fun to discover how people do things in completely different ways. (it's not like it's something I ever thought about before nor had talked to friends about it) :)
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    It's funny so many people talked about ripping belt loops because I yanked on the belt loop today and thought "holy crap, what if i rip this?" LOL thankfully I didn't.....but i'm kind of surprised actually. I was reefing on those babies! lol
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    Here's another one, and i'm sure people can relate.

LEGS DAY.......the day after......falling UP the stairs and faceplanting.

Except that I did it at work.

Here's to hoping there aren't security cameras in the stairwells !
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

I do all of my workouts on a laminate floor in my basement, so during yoga & such, I use a mat.

The other night I was working on my abs and was laying on my floor, on my back. The routine called for "clock work" where you lay flat, put your feet up outstretched & move them around clockwise & counterclockwise. The entire time, the trainer (on the DVD) is saying "keep your lower back on the mat, don't pull too far off the mat" .........okay, okay.

I have a serious arch in my back, and I realized this even more so during this exercise. EVERY time I swung my legs around, even at a point where my back should STILL be making contact with the mat (it wasn't), it would lift up & upon coming back to meet the mat......my sweaty back & the mat itself, would FART.

Hahaha omg, this made me LOL, which is super awkward with the absolute silence in my office today. I have done this!!
  • MissAnjy
    Options

Hahaha omg, this made me LOL, which is super awkward with the absolute silence in my office today. I have done this!!

LOL I seriously didn't know if i should laugh or be disgusted with myself. It's not very lady-like, even if it is coming from your back!

I thought I was the only one. Now tonight when my back farts on the mat, I won't feel so much shame LOL
  • carolinaf6
    carolinaf6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    They will fit!!!!!
  • ladyheath
    ladyheath Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    the back fart is hilarious! hahahaha
    I was expecting you to say you ripped your pants in the butt! Sorry you hurt your back though, ouchies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!